Reverse charges on discount

sir, I have received 10 lak
discount who show profit loss indirect income I want reverse charges on discount then I am eligible avail itc on reverse chrages
Replies (18)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether GST needs to be reversed on a discount received for achieving a sales target, which was recorded as indirect income. The consensus is that if the discount is received after the supply and doesn't involve a reduction in the supplier's GST liability, then GST reversal is generally not required. Furthermore, it's confirmed that Input Tax Credit (ITC) can be claimed on taxes paid under reverse charge, provided it's within the stipulated time limits.

Your query is not cleared...
Can You elaborate with details of discount and it's related supplies...?
I had received 10lac discount against target achieved which is showed in indirect income
whether we have to reverse the Gst on that 10lac or not. plz suggest
No need...
If we reverse the Gst shall we claim the Gst or not

@ ARVIND,

                 Your query is not clear. However, I understand that you have received 10 lacs discount( from someone)and shown as indirect income.  Now you are saying you want to pay the tax under reverse charge. Since, you mentioned this amount as discount , reverse charge is not applicable to this. 

 

               I also understand that you want to know whether ITC can be availed on payment of tax under reverse charge. The answer is yes, but subject to the time limit specified under section 16(4).

@ ARVIND,

                    Still your query is not to the point, you may contact me on whatsapp 6380 592 749

If we reverse the Gst shall we claim the Gst or not

What You mean this..?

As per Your query "No need to reverse the ITC".
Sir I want perfect details of reverse charges
As per the query :
Received Discount : GST need to be reversed if fulfills condition prescribed in Section 15(3) of CGST Act .

RCM : No RCM is applicable on discount .

Note : if your supplier has not given GST less CNT , then you can book the same under Income head with reducing the ITC
No reveral of ITC is required on receipt of target discount. You may refer the AAAR in the case of MRF LTD.
Visit my blog below . explained in case by case approach for discounts.

sanjithkotni.blogspot.com
Mr Sanjith Kotni., This platform not for advertisement purposes. Don't advertise Your business in CCI website. If You will support through CCI then post in particular articles head or post advertisement platform... Stop Your such posts...
Hello sir .In most of my replies,I posted the answer and only for more details i refer to visit blog.
By the way I know about this platform.
I have my right to text without hurting others and I am not doing anything for business
Hello Dear...

CCI is one of the popular platform for taxation. Then why You insert Your BLOCK in the website...
If You want beneficial then advertise it's specifically. Don't be put in queries...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details