Returned Uploaded but not verified

Hi,

I received a SMS from IT-Department last month to E-verify my return for AY 2017-2018.

I logged into ITR portal through my netbanking account and found that returned Uploaded but not verified for 2017-2018 but other ITRs are verified.  When I tried to e-verify, it says 'no returns pending for verification'.

My CA usually files ITR for me.  I was not aware of all this until I received the SMS.

What should I tell my CA now?

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
A user is concerned because their Income Tax Return (ITR) for AY 2017-2018 shows as 'Uploaded but not verified', despite other returns being verified. They received an SMS reminder to e-verify but now the portal states no returns are pending. The user suspects their CA may have forgotten to e-verify, and the deadline has passed. Advice suggests sending a signed ITR-V copy and potentially requesting delay condonation if accepted by the department.

In my opinion for e verifying you need not have to approach CA . Log in to your e filing portal and you can e verify your return using your aadhaar otp itself
Just log in your portal of income tax efilling
in dash board you will see return to e verify click that if any return showing to verify then verify through Aadhar OTP

My CA handled all of it before but it seems they forgot to e-verify for AA 2017-2018.  I did not even know about the e-verification process until I got the SMS notice.  I logged in and found there is no option to E-verify the older tax return.  The deadline to e-verify ended on Sep. 30.  How do I go about this?

Does your knowledgement showing detective in portal that time
I do not think you will be able to everify your itr for ay 17-18 now. You can send signed copy of itr v now. If the department accepts it, it will ask you to file a delay condonation request online.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details