Request for Intimation u/s 143(1) of the Income-tax Act (Offline submission to Income tax)

Tanmay Malpedi (3 Points)

07 December 2019  

Hello everyone,

In case if you do not have an Intimation letter of the particular year and it is not available on website as well, i.e. the demand order maybe of the period when ITR was filled offline,

In such case you may have to draft a letter and send it to income tax in order to receive the Intimation order,

Following is the wording draft for the same

Date: DD/MM/YYYY

To

Ward __ (_)(_), Kautilya Bhavan,

Income Tax Office,

Bandra Kurla Complex,

Bandra East,

Mumbai – 400051

(Address of income tax)

Subject: Request for Intimation u/s 143(1) of the Income-tax Act for FY YYYY-YY

(i.e. AY. YYYY-YY).

Dear Sir,

This is with reference to Notice dated:DD/MM/YYYY, CPC/YYYY/__/__________ where in your honor has sent us Intimation under Section 143(1) of the Income Tax Return for A.Y.YYYY-YY.

In the same notice there is a demand of Rs.______ of AY YYYY-YY under the head of ‘DETAILS ON ADJUSTMENT OF REFUND AGAINST OUTSTANDING DEMAND AND ANY INTEREST PAYABLE UNDER SEC 220(2)’

We do not have any intimation of the same year i.e. AY YYYY-YY in the form of any letter or in soft format,

Hence we request you send the Intimation u/s 143(1) and demand order of the same year above AY YYYYY-YY which shows the demand of Rs.______, so that we can find the root cause of the demand.

(Sign Above)

Yours Faithfully,

(NAME),

(Address)

For further queries you can contact on the below details

Tanmay Malpedi

Chartered Accountant

Email ID: tanmaymalpedi1996 @ gmail.com

Phone no.: 9819127575 / 9137445712