Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Representation U/S187

Gargi Ranade (CS) (614 Points)

14 March 2009  

Hi Dear All,

I have a query regarding Section 187 representation which is actully Rpresentation on behalf of the company to attend AGM or GM;

We have two shareholder both of them are japnese companies ;now while collecting 187 representation from these Co. can I authorise person who is director of  my company but dont have any employment contract or any relation with the japanise co,

or there is one director who is common in all three companies can I appoint him as a representative of both the company .

please reply at the earliest ,

Thanking you in advance

2 Replies

HARDIK (COMPANY SECRETARY NCFM (Corporate Governance ))   (664 Points)
Replied 16 March 2009

hi

read section  187(1)(a)

carefully it will clear ur doubt.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114659 Points)
Replied 17 March 2009

Hi Gargi,

As per section 187(1)(a) by the resolution of board of directors any person may be appointed as representative to attend the meeting of other company of which first company is a member.

Yes, one person may be appointed as representative by both the Japnese companies by passing board resolution in the BM itself.

Also note certain disqualifications which are applicable to a normal proxy like not allowed to speak and not allowed to vote except poleare not applicable to such representative appointed u/s 187. In other words such representative will be treated as a normal member in the meeting having all the rights of a member like allowed to speak and voting by show of hands etc. (Read the first 2 lines of Section 187(2)

Also find enclosed herewith sample board resolution u/s 187.

Hope you got the ans of your query.

Best regards--Ankur Garg      ankur_gargcs @ rediffmail.com

Attached File : 1 sample board resolution u.doc downloaded: 895 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags