Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

Renting of immovable property in RCM

Bhargav Nirmal   26 March 2020

Bhargav Nirmal

2 likes  48 points

| My Other Post

immovable property is out side the scope of GST so why service provided by central gov. , state gov., by way of renting of immoveable property to register person is liable to pay tax under RCM ?

avater

NAVEEN CHAND (Just keep going. You never know how far you can go.)     26 March 2020

NAVEEN CHAND
Just keep going. You never know how far you can go. 
 851 likes  11965 points

View Profile | My Other Post

it is covered under clause (5a) 

Services (Renting of Immovable property) 

Service supplied to registered person >> GST under RCM is payable by such Registered Person

Service supplied to unregistered person >> GST is payable under Normal Charge by Govt or Local authority 

Bhargav Nirmal

2 likes  48 points

But immovable property is outside scope of GST so why in this case imposed GST ?

avater

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     26 March 2020

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 8093 likes  110807 points

What is Your meaning for "immovable property is out side the scope of GST"...?

Bhargav Nirmal

2 likes  48 points

As per definaton of good, evry kind of moveable property & as per defination of service, other that good so in good & service, immovable property is not included ?

avater

RAJA P M

If it's out of GST then how is govt define properties under residential and commercial...?

Bhargav Nirmal

2 likes  48 points

I really don't know but section 7(2) specifically say that not in contain that Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), shall be treated neither as a supply of goods nor a supply of services. & GST is levied in good & service only .

avater

RAJA P M

Are You refer sec 2(119)...?

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     26 March 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3220 likes  43302 points

Dear Bhagav
It's taxable under RCM because the particular service is being Notified by Issuing Notification 3/2018 CT (R) .

In Schedule III renting of Immovable property is not prescribed. it's sale of land which is put in the schedule III.

Let's take example of Actionable claim which is also put under Schedule III but Actionable claim ie lottery ,Betting & gambling is taxable (as prescribed therein)

As per Definition of Services prescribed in Section 2(102) means anything other than goods & Securities but INCLUDES RELATING TO THE USE OF MONEY..............

and In GST the taxability is arises when supply is made & if read Section 7 , the lease, rental is supply of Services.

Bhargav Nirmal

2 likes  48 points

Good included actionable claim so that actionable claim transfer to schedule III but why any service relating to immoveable property levied tax when immovable property is outside of scope of GST ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »