Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vipul (ca ipcc)     22 December 2014

Rent in case of joint owners

X and Y Owns property jointly and have rental income (let out residential property to company)

Should they recive two cheques in their names

or they recive single cheque in name of any of them

Comment on above and also comment on how TDS is deducted

And advice whether rent cheque to be taken in name of single owner or both owners

6 Replies

CA DEEPAK ARORA

CA DEEPAK ARORA (EMPLOYEE)     23 December 2014

Dear Mr.Vipul , 

yes, they should receive rent Cheques in two names separately.

TDS will be deducted by tenant(Lessee) if Rent Amount Exceeds Rs.180000/-For The Entire Financial Year U/s 194I.

Mohan Kumar

Mohan Kumar (Others)     28 December 2014

sir,

does this mean that tenant need to cut TDS on the rent he pays if total rent in a FY is more than rs 184000?

Mohan

vipul

vipul (ca ipcc)     28 December 2014

Mohan Rs 180000 limit is seperate for co owners I.e if x and y owns HP equally then their limit will be Rs 360000. Further rs 360000 TDs will be deducted
CA DEEPAK ARORA

CA DEEPAK ARORA (EMPLOYEE)     02 January 2015

Mr.Vipul is right....Each Coowner will be treated as a separtate owner and Limit of Rs.180000/- will be considered separately .

Arif Ali

Arif Ali (Apt Co Advisory)     02 January 2015

Agree with Deepak and it will advisable that takes the separte cheque in both name in proportion of their share in said house.

virendra shekhawat

virendra shekhawat   02 July 2021

Hi , I am taking a property on rent . Property belongs to  joint owners , husband and wife. Owners are asking for 2 different cheques i.e 50% amount in each account. I hope i will be able to get the benefit of 100% amount in tax . which PAN will i show ?  should i show both the PANs ? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags