Release of eps fund

Sonal Kulshreshtha   02 February 2016

Sonal Kulshreshtha

 4 points

| My Other Post

Dear Sir,

I resigned my previous organization in June, 2013. after working for approximately 9 years. After initial delayes I received the gratuity and PF amount. As i didn't completed 10 years of service with the organization, I should be getting the amount contributed by employer under EPS scheme (8,33% or Rs 541). However, it is not being release, neither any specific status is being given to me by my ex-organization. They has their own trust earlier and in April, 2014 they transferred it to EPFO as communicated by them. and According to Organization, it is being delayed at their EPFO due to some "technical reasons". As i resigned earlier, i do not have UAN and as I understand, i don't come in purview of latest guideline, where I can apply and get udates on my own. In this context I would like to know:

1. What is my status, I am eligible to get this refund or not, if yes, who is going to pay my refund, EPFO or the organization / trust

2. If yes, is it normal delay (more than 2 and a half years)

3. If it is not a normal delay, what are the ways, i should follow and

4. Are there any penalties which can be imposed on employer or to any entity which is responsible for delay

5. Am I eligible for interest on payment of delayed period

I hope I have made myself clear, please let me know, if I missed some crusial information.

Sonal Kulshreshtha


Poornima Madhava (ACMA)     02 February 2016

Poornima Madhava
 512 likes  5574 points

View Profile | My Other Post

  1. You are eligible to get your money. The best solution to know the status is to go to PF office (with relevant information which you might be able to obtain from ex-employer like account number etc) and enquire about the same. Alternatively, you can check the status online if you have PF a/c number:
  2. But if the withdrawal claim was settled by the trust of your ex-employer, then it might not be possible to check the status online from EPFO site. At the time of transfer to EPFO, if your employer has disclosed EPS details of you, then there is a possibility to know status from PF office.
  3. 2 1/2 years is not a normal delay
  4. You can get interest for a period up to 3 years.

1 Like

U S Sharma (     09 February 2016

U S Sharma 
 1739 likes  21021 points

View Profile | My Other Post

u can get your UAN by self, generate UAN , submit KYC online and after 48 hrs you can get your status visible,

after putting your epfo data it will show that no UAN generated, and will proceed you to enter your data viz, name , DOB and mobile number, for OTP, 

proceed with the same as without UAN the issue would not get attention of department 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »