Release of eps fund

Sonal Kulshreshtha (4 Points)

02 February 2016  

Dear Sir,

I resigned my previous organization in June, 2013. after working for approximately 9 years. After initial delayes I received the gratuity and PF amount. As i didn't completed 10 years of service with the organization, I should be getting the amount contributed by employer under EPS scheme (8,33% or Rs 541). However, it is not being release, neither any specific status is being given to me by my ex-organization. They has their own trust earlier and in April, 2014 they transferred it to EPFO as communicated by them. and According to Organization, it is being delayed at their EPFO due to some "technical reasons". As i resigned earlier, i do not have UAN and as I understand, i don't come in purview of latest guideline, where I can apply and get udates on my own. In this context I would like to know:

1. What is my status, I am eligible to get this refund or not, if yes, who is going to pay my refund, EPFO or the organization / trust

2. If yes, is it normal delay (more than 2 and a half years)

3. If it is not a normal delay, what are the ways, i should follow and

4. Are there any penalties which can be imposed on employer or to any entity which is responsible for delay

5. Am I eligible for interest on payment of delayed period

I hope I have made myself clear, please let me know, if I missed some crusial information.

Sonal Kulshreshtha