Easy Office

Registration required????

Page no : 3

suraj (Student CA Final ) (288 Points)
Replied 09 April 2020

Mr.Raja
If someone is asking any question then put your opinion rather then mixing the question by putting some more question on it like hotel etc.
If you have any doubt please raise your questions separately,you will get the solution.
By the way dont confuse with laughing symbol. Be on point to the fact

mvramana (Student) (285 Points)
Replied 09 April 2020

To make a conclusion towards registration with respect to supply of Services, need to see not only Sec.22 but as per our discussions other provisions also to be taken into account.

So, no reg.req. and IGST will come and full IGST ITC is entitled.

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127167 Points)
Replied 09 April 2020

Laughing symbol putting by You... not for me...

The Question is not for confusing. It's for relating to the query's POS.
If it's not understanding by You. Then better to wait or simply leave that one...

Don't be irritating again and again. It's not good.

Replied 09 April 2020

@ Mr mvramana., Can You give correct solutions with the POS of immovable property related to renting and also hotel... if as per your view the landlord charge IGST then Hotels also charge IGST.... Or If hotels can't charge IGST then how is rent fall IGST...?

suraj (Student CA Final ) (288 Points)
Replied 09 April 2020

Mr.Raja sir
Please read my answer carefully.what I mentioned ,you will get your answer about POS.
And Please dont irritate me about symbol I had put.
conectarte on Solution.If my solution is wrong Suggest your answer.
if I feel you are right then its ok.
An no doubt you are smarter then me

Replied 09 April 2020

@ Dear Mr Suraj.,

Once again not good for this 👉(An no doubt you are smarter then me)...

I will/want to clear for POS of immovable property with the example of Hotel Business...

Don't be confuse and take it as Wrong...

If my replies are hurting to You.. Please forgive me with my words...

If my replies not good or correct then please I leave it...

Thank You...

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner) (55032 Points)
Replied 09 April 2020

Dear Sir Raja Ji

As perClause (a) Section 2(85) says that location of a supplier means a place of business where from the supply is made.
For the meaning of ‘place of business’ reference is invited to section 2(85) of CGST Act, which defines a ‘place of business’ where from a business is ordinarily carried on and/or where a warehouse or go down or any other place for storage of goods is located and/or books of accounts are maintained and/or the business through agent is carried on.

Hence In case of Rental Property there can be chances that Landlord might not have his office (Place of Business) in Rental Property , but in case of Hotel it cannot be possible that the owner not having office (Place of Business) therein in the hotel .

So hotel business do not satisfy the condition of place business . (Means without office in hotel one cannot cannot run the hotel)
1 Like

Replied 09 April 2020

Yes... Exactly... 👏👏👏

I agreed to You Mr Pankaj Rawat Ji...
1 Like

Replied 09 April 2020

Please let me give my opinion again in this regard.

Dear Mr.Raja, I think you have another query w.r.t POS towards a Hotel.

As Mr.Suraj rightly said, there are two separate issues we are obviously discussing thereon.

1. Where to register in case of a Hotel?

2. Where to register in case of commercial rental income to be received from another state other than the registered state?

Let us have a look once again:

1.(a) For the hotel, POS is say Tamilnadu because the property is located at Tamilnadu.

(b) Place of registration (where to register)  is not dependent on the place of supply. POS is for determination of tax whether to be charged as intra state supply or inter state supply (i.e., CGST,SGST,UTGST or IGST).

(c) Registration is required at the place where the business is carried on i.e., Place of business and the place of business is the location of the supplier (LOS)

(d) For the said hotel, the POB and LOS is also at Tamilnadu only. Hence registration is also required at Tamilnadu.

2.(i) For the commercial property, the POS is also Tamilnadu because the property is located at Tamilnadu.

(ii) Whereas his usual place of business is in Andhra as he is already registered in Andhra.

(iii) Here the POB i.e., LOS is different from that of POS. 

(iv) Further more, he has not any fixed establishment u/s2(7) of IGST or any such business address in Tamilnadu.

(v) In a case if he had any such fixed establishment or any business place as the case may be, then he shall be required for registration at Tamilnadu also.

(vi) In the given query, no such other place of business other than Andhra.

(vii) Hence not required for registration in Tamilnadu.

(viii) As per the definition 'FROM where he makes taxable supply is made" is different from that "TO which state the taxable supply is made"

(ix) In this case,  "FROM Andhra TO Tamilnadu",  whereas in the other case "FROM Tamilnadu TO Tamilnadu only"

Hope it is clear and invite others' view.

2 Like

Shivam RC (Student) (23683 Points)
Replied 09 April 2020

Well explained @ mvramana Sir...
Thank you for clearing the doubt and concept so nicely...

Replied 09 April 2020

Welcome🙏

Replied 09 April 2020

@ Mr mvramana.,

Yes... You are correctly pointed out the details.

As per Mr Pankaj Rawat Ji reply as POB without any activities then it's inter state...
Otherwise (if having office and administrative) then it's as intra state...
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: