Regarding Revalidation

I registered in CA Final Old Course on 18-03-2016 and after 5 year (18-03-2021) I have to revalidate for CA Final course.Exam form for May-2021 will filled between Feb to March. If I filled my Exam Form for May-2021 in February can I give the CA Final Old Course paper in May-2021 or not. I raise this question because after March my validation period of 5 Year expired.

I hope you understand my query.Please reply as soon as possible.
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the revalidation requirements for the CA Final Old Course. If your registration expires in March 2021, you can still submit your exam form for the May 2021 exams in February without revalidating. The key is that your registration must be valid when you apply for the exam, not necessarily when you sit for it. The ICAI has also extended registration validity periods due to COVID-19 related exam mergers.

Mr Rahul
Revalidation is not required if you filed your form before expiry of your registration.
So, you can file your exam form for May, 2021 without revalidation
Registration validity is required at time of applying for exam, not at time of exam.
Will my result withheld by ICAI due to expiry of Revalidation Period
ICAI extends the validity of the Registration Period due to the merging of May and Nov 2020 examinations amidst the COVID-19 pandemic https://www.caclubindia.com/news/details.asp?mod_id=18511

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details