Refund of ITC

I am providing export services under LUT. I have accumulated ITC . Under which refund head should I go to claim refund ??

Q2 : Can I claim refund of RCM accumulated ?? Again under which refund head I should claim ?
Replies (7)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies how to claim GST refunds for accumulated Input Tax Credit (ITC) when providing export services under a Letter of Undertaking (LUT). It also addresses claiming refunds for ITC related to Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM) payments. The advice points to specific refund heads and references relevant circulars that clarify eligibility, even for ITC not appearing in GSTR-2A.

Hey Dhaval
you can claim Refund of ITC Accumulated under head: ITC on exports under letter of undertaking or bond

Further as per Circular 139/09/2020 Dated 10th June 2020 You can claim Refund of RCM Accumulated as well.

🙂
You can claim refund of accumulated ITC based on formula prescribed in cgst rules.
circular no. 139 merely clarifies that refund of ITC on acoc*nt of RCM payment can be claimed. however, even without this circular, supplier was always eligible to avail refund of such ITC
Hemal yes RCM was eligible before
But CBIC issued Circular (135/05/2020 dated 31stMarch2020) which mentioned ITC which is shown in GSTR2A of applicant will only be eligible for refund due to which Dept is disallowed or rejecting the RCM ITC for refund.

Thus the circular mentioned above i.e. 139/09/2020 was issued to clarify and allow RCM, ISD and Imports ITC for refund even though not shown in GSTR 2A.

You can refer my blog on same for details- https://capratikpgst.blogspot.com/2020/06/gst-refund-clarification-dated-10th.H T M L
Refund of unutilized input tax credit on account of exports without payment of tax .

I m filing refund under this head . For example if I am filing refund for tax period May 20 . In that case can I claim ITC accumulated of July 17 to till May 20 ???
Yes it is hold good
You ll get ITC of the period for which you are making application...
File RFD01 on portal

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details