rectify a mistake in the return of AY 07-08

Hetal Shah (CA Practice ) (70 Points)

23 February 2010  

A person has filed a return of his salary return. He has received a refund in 2010 - Feb. The refund is less received by Rs. 10000/-. At the time of receipt of refund, a person came to know that there were lots of miskes in computation of income. Now a return cannot be revised - timebarred.

So any chance left for the person to rectify the mistake. Can he make an application u/s 154 (suo motto on the basis of the intimation received u/s 143(1)]