Rectification u/s 154

Hi Friends,

I have filed return u/s 139(1) and paid self assessment tax with in due date.

When I received intimation U/s 143(1),the self assessment tax I paid was not considered by Income Tax dept.

Later I have filed a rectification return requesting to consider the tax I have paid.

After I have received a rectification order u/s 154 ,again not considered the tax I have paid.

In form 26AS ,my self assessment tax have been credited,I have that challan too.

 

What is the next step or procedure I need to make,to take into account the self assessment tax I paid.

Replies (2)

dear varalaxmi,

order under sec 154 means you have done apparent mistakes in your return. if you are quite confident about your return then you can move order under sec 250 to the CIT appeals.

 

cheers

ganesh agarwala

Dear Ganesh,

 

Thanks for your response.

I dont think rectification request means,apparent mistakes done by us only.It may be mistakes done by the assessing officer also.

If I am wrong please clarify me.

And suggest me remedy for my query

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details