Rectification request rejected

vishnu shukla (Consultant) (24 Points)

04 January 2014  

Dear Friends,

I did online E-Filing for IT return for  Assessment Year 2013-14 but i wrongly entered "Income from salary" value.

So my tax payable amount got increated by 9000.Then i filled R-Revised last month and it got rejected with the following messege:-

TAX HAS BEEN COMPUTED CORRECTLY, ON THE INCOME RETURNED BY THE ASSESEE. FRESH CLAIM FOR CHANGE OF INCOME IS NOT ALLOWABLE. U/S.154, AS THE SAME IS NOT A MISTAKE APPARENT FROM RECORD. ANY SUCH CHANGES CAN BE MADE ONLY UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF SEC.139(5), OF THE INCOME TAX ACT. HENCE, THE RECTIFICATION REQUEST CANNOT BE CONSIDERED AT CPC.  THE RECTIFICATION RIGHTS, IN YOUR CASE ARE BEING TRANSFERRED TO YOUR JURISDICTIONAL ASSESSING OFFICER. KINDLY CONTACT YOUR ASSESSING OFFICER FOR THE SAME.THE DETAILS OF THE JURISDICTIONAL ASSESSING OFFICER ARE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in UNDER "SERVICES" - "KNOW  YOUR JURISDICTIONAL A.O".

My AO belongs to Noida (UP) but i am in bangalore.i have to go to there physically and meet with them or is there any way to do all this stuff online? Thanks in advance for your help and suggestion