Rectification request for ay 2018-19

I recently filed ITR1 for AY 2018-19. One mistake I did was that I mentioned Incorrect TAN of Deductor(of SBI for TDS Refund, though it was valid i.e. exist, but was different from what in 26 AS). I got intimation from CPC under Section 143(1) where I have been suggested to file Rectification request under 154.

Problem: In Income tax filing website under rectification request, I am not getting '2018-19' to select AY(Attached Screen-Shot). I wrote to IT website team but they suggested me to file revised return as data is not availble at CPC for 2018.

Now, What should I do? a) Wait for option of '2018-19' to get available (don't know when it will..). If yes, then what is final deadline to file rectification?    b) File Revised ITR, but in my case there is no change in income.

Please Suggest.


Attached File : 2501461 20180728153626 error.jpg downloaded: 384 times
Replies (69)

Actually, you cannot file rectification request, till any intimation u/s. 143(1).

So, advisable to file revised return, and just make the suggested change...... 

Most probably the AY 2018-19 Rectification request may come only after 31st July 2018

even I am facing same problem. I have to rectify my return but there is no option for AY 2018-19.

have you got any solution for this?

i am also facing same problem. I have received intimation u/s 143(1) with demand raised. I have to file rectification but there is no option for AY 2018-19. what should I do. will filing a revised return solve the issue?

 

thanks

i am also facing same problem. I have received intimation u/s 143(1) with demand raised. I have to file rectification but there is no option for AY 2018-19. what should I do. will filing a revised return solve the issue?

 

thanks

i am also facing same problem. I have already received intimation u/s 143(1). I have to file rectification but there is no option for AY 2018-19. i think CPC has not open the window for rectification for AY 2018-19 till today. we have no option to wait till the window for rectification open by CPC.

 

 

bEFORE MAKING RECTIFICATION Please note that fresh claims of TDS , Fresh claims of deductions and lot of other things dont come under rectification but you can file revised return.

 

Till today no progress in the matter

FILE REVISED RETURN FOR THE ABOVE QUERY WITH CORRECT ITR..

FILE REVISED RETURN FOR THE ABOVE QUERY WITH CORRECT ITR..

Even I am facing the same problem and have written to IT Wesite team. @ Madhur: so did you upload revised ITR?
Even I am facing the same problem and have written to IT Wesite team. @ Madhur: so did you upload revised ITR?
Once it is processed revised return is not admissible. I got answer that rectification is possible in September 18

Satya  - one can file revised return as many times as possible within the stipulated date or when the assesment is over.

The meaning of assesment is when one gets notice u/s 143(2) and assesment order u./s 143(3) is issued.  143(1) is just intimation . if you are not satisfied then you can file rectification under 154 or  to cover ommision and corrections file  139(5) [revised return] upto stipulated date.   

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details