Rectification.

I've filled a return which has processed. And now I got an intimation as outstanding demand. After checking the file I've found that I've wrongly entered the self assessment tax details. Later I've requested to rectify the return under section 154. All I want to know is how it will work further? Plz response asap...
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
If you've made an error in your filed income tax return, you can request a rectification under Section 154. For assessment year 2019-20, revising the return might be quicker than rectification. For earlier years, filing a grievance petition via e-nivaran is recommended. The general advice is to file your rectification application online through the income tax portal for a smoother process.

For which assessment year? if it's for a. y. 2019-20,then better revise your return rather opting for rectification which is time consuming and regular follow up is required. if it's for earlier assessment years, file grievance petition in e-nivaran and it'll be processed as early as possible
I will suggest you to file online rectification application on the income tax portal.
Even I will suggest you file rectification application online on the Income tax portal.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details