ICICI

Recieved certified copy, inviting for inspection in delhi.

Ankit Gupta (Learner)     03 October 2013

Ankit Gupta
Learner 
 182 likes  1552 points

| My Other Post

Dear friend and Professionals, 
I recieved the certified copy which i requested for by ICAI today . Marks awarded on the marksheet and certified copy are same. 
But the moment I sat with the question paper and the certified i recieved, There are totalling errors, Like in question of 8 marks, they have given 1+1+1+1 and another 4 in next page, which actually couted for ONLY 4 marks(loss of 4 marks), which was not accounted in first main page, secondly, in a question of 6 marks of numerical question they only gave 5 marks, instead of that alll the answers were perfectly as per suggested or any other material you refer. 

So by this above points, 5 marks are awarded less to me. 
My score is 38 marks, so if i get these 5 marks i would hopefully pass. 

Secondly i recieved this certified today and in that they are inviting to inspect the same tomorrow i.e.,4th october 2013 in Noida office. 
I reside in Navi mumbai, How could i even manage, could this venue problem be solved ? help me 
please all the comments and suggestions are invited. Kindly participate in this !

avater

Ankit (C.A.-Student)     03 October 2013

Ankit
C.A.-Student 
 22 likes  675 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear Ankit

There is no error in Totalling in your case as it has been instructed to checker that they should mention step wise marking in practicle questions and total of that qus be written at the end of that ques. So , in your case 1-1 marks are for step that you have wriiten while solving the question and their total is 4 which is written at end of your qus. This mark ''4'' should be Encircled and considered while totalling.

Regarding other question of 6marks there might be skipping of step or presentation was not good as required by institute, so they might cut 1 mark for that.

I can't say anything on your venue problem.

I hope my reply would help you

avater

Ankit Gupta (Learner)     03 October 2013

Ankit Gupta
Learner 
 182 likes  1552 points

Originally posted by : Ankit

There is no error in Totalling in your case as it has been instructed to checker that they should mention step wise marking in practicle questions and total of that qus be written at the end of that ques. So , in your case 1-1 marks are for step that you have wriiten while solving the question and their total is 4 which is written at end of your qus. This mark ''4'' should be Encircled and considered while totalling.

Thanx a lot for your prompt reply Ankit, 
This is what i saw, the other 4 mark were not at all encircled and formed part of the part of the sum. I am saying right, bcause, i showed this to my frieds and their statements were like "isme institite se error hua hai, they missed this 4 marks in their calculation". 

And secndly, ya that may be the case of 1 mark in presentation, but all the required steps are in place, there was not a single error in that 6 marks question.

Even if i get these damn 4 marks i m gettng a pass in this subject !  

avater

Ankit (C.A.-Student)     03 October 2013

Ankit
C.A.-Student 
 22 likes  675 points

One more thing, you are comparing your answer with suggestive answer provided by institute but at beginning  there is Disclaimer provided which state that "The Suggested answer hosted in the website do not constitute the basis for  evaluation for the student's answer in the examination.............."

So by looking in the suggested answer don't say that your steps are perfect/correct, there might be some deviation from ans as required by icai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here