Dear Students and Members,
Please find below some tips to deal with practical paper like Account & Cost etc. These tips are based on my personal observation and used by me in all my professional Examinations. This Article is completely written by me and not copied from anywhere. Hope this Article would be off some help in your Exam preparation:
- After receiving the paper in your hand give it a quick look and decide the question you are going to attempt first. Also decide the question you are going to attempt last. I urge you to consider this point very important for a good start of your exam.
- Allocate a fix time for each question. After allocation it is your duty to finish the question with in the given time limit.
- As per my understanding presentation of theory always plays an important role whether it is theory (Law & Audit) paper or numerical (Account, cost etc.) paper. So keep your examination copy neat and clean without any cutting.
- In the beginning don’t read all the questions carefully as in the beginning you have enough time to read it twice or thrice. Read the second question carefully only after solving the first question as decided by you in accordance with point No. 1 of this Article.
- Super Suggestion-1: When you give first reading to a lengthy question – Note down all the amount/figures given in the question separately. Two benefit of this exercise are:
i) When you solve the question you don’t have to search the amount/figure in the lengthy question again and lot of time saved.
ii) Chances of missing any point or amount/figure minimize.
- Don’t change the book again and again. First focus on understanding the concept and then practice the selected book. After solving a particular author’s book solve all the questions of scanner without any help.
- Super Suggestion-2: This point helps you to deal with lengthy course and improve your revision strategy. Select easy chapters as per your strength and gain tremendous confidence by practicing more & more questions. After gaining enough confidence remove that chapter from your final revision list. Now no need to revise that chapter during final revision and be confident about that chapter.
- Super Suggestion-3: After completing one practical chapter select some landmark question from that chapter which covers almost all technicalities and adjustments of that chapter. Revise this selected question during final revision to recall whole chapter.
You may also put this question in ATLAS. [For ATLAS technique refer my previous Article]
- Compulsory Question: Prepare special strategy for C.Q. Give a quick reading to C.Q. if you are comfortable with the adjustments given in C.Q. then only attempt C.Q. otherwise attempt other small questions. If you attempt C.Q. without any strategy and lost in the middle of question then “confidence ki to watt lag jayagi mamu”. So be careful.
- Cost Accounting: First understand cost accounting is a conceptual paper. You can not succeed in cost account without understanding the concept. So work very hard to make your concepts crystal clear.
- For preparation of cost account first understand the concept from study by practicing study material questions. After that practice scanner and compilation questions.
- Operation Research: In O.R. paper my first advice would be workout on your mathematical concepts as mathematical skills are really required to excel in O.R. Paper.
- In O.R. paper practice of ample number of numerical questions is very much required. So after understanding the concept practice more and more questions first from study and scanner and then from any recommended book.
- Prepare yourself mentally to solve a lengthy question paper. Use scanner to understand the question paper pattern and prepare yourself a strategy to deal with it.