GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support, whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Rates of stamp duty on share certificates for all states

RATE OF STAMP DUTY ON SHARE CERTIFICATES.

S.No                                                    States                                                 Rate of duty 

1. Andhra Pradesh Thirty Paisa/Since 30paisa Stamp not available , Rs.1 Revenue stamp irrespective of amount ,(on Folio) 

2. Arunachal Pradesh Rs. 5.00 Revenue stamp irrespective of amount 

3. Haryana Forty Paisa/Since 40paisa Stamp not available , Rs.1 Revenue stamp irrespective of amount ,(on Folio) 

4. Himachal Pradesh Forty Paisa/Since 40paisa Stamp not available , Rs.1 Revenue stamp irrespective of amount ,(on Folio) 

5. Karnataka Rs,1 for every 1000 Rs, or a part thereof of the value of the share, scrip or stock. 

6. Kerala Fifty Paisa irrespective of amount ,(on Folio) 

7. Maharashtra Rs,1 for every 1000 Rs, or a part thereof of the value of the share, scrip or stock.. 

8. Manipur NA 

9. Nagaland Forty Five Paise Revenue stamp irrespective of amount 

10. Orissa One rupee Revenue stamp irrespective of amount 

11. Punjab Ten Rupees [40 n.p. under act 34 of 1960 and 25 n.p. prior thereto irrespective of amount ,(on Folio) 

12. Rajasthan One rupee for every one thousand or a part thereof of the value of the shares, scrip or stock 

13. Tripura As of Assam 

14. Uttar Pradesh One Rupee (irrespective of face value market value) 

15. National Capital Territory of Delhi One rupee for every one thousand or a part thereof of the value of the shares, scrip or stock 

16. Tamil Nadu Rs.1 Revenue stamp irrespective of amount 

17. Madhya Pradesh NA 

18. Gujarat One rupee for every one thousand rupees or a part thereof of the value of the share, scrip or stock. 

19. Bihar NA 

20. West Bengal Rs,1 for every 1000 Rs, or a part thereof of the value of the share, scrip or stock. 

21. Jharkand NA 

22. Chhttisgarh NA 

23. J&K NA 

24. UttaraKhand NA 

25. Meghalaya NA 

26. Goa One rupee for every one thousand rupees or a part thereof of the value of the share, scrip or stock. 

27. Assam NA 

28. Sikkim NA 

29. Mizoram NA 

Union Territories 

1. Chandigarh Forty paisa Forty Paisa/Since 40paisa Stamp not available , Rs.1 Revenue stamp irrespective of amount ,(on Folio) 

2. Andaman and Nicobar Islands NA 

3. Dadra and Nagar Haveli One rupee for every one thousand rupees or a part thereof of the value of the share, scrip or stock. 

4. Daman and Diu NA 

5. Lakshadweep NA 

6. Puducherry NA

Disclaimer : Although effort has been made to provide current rates of stamp duty but all are requested to Pls reconfirm the rates once.

Best Regards,

Neha Jain

23 Replies

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")     12 January 2012

Thanks Neha Ji  for a very useful post. Bookmarked for future reference.

Regards.

1 Like
SkDash

SkDash (CS (Member) CWA (Final))     12 January 2012

Hey Neha

Thanks. Such a useful information. will save in my system

SkDash

SkDash (CS (Member) CWA (Final))     12 January 2012

just adding a color to the work of neha.......Attached the word file (just copy/ paste from Neha desc above) and i think it will be handy for all to just click and save. Such a good file........Again Thanks Neha

Attached File : 150283 905674 stamp duty on share certificates neha jain.doc downloaded: 1214 times
1 Like

(Guest)
Thanks all for your appreciation and wishes.
CA Sumiit B Nagpal

CA Sumiit B Nagpal (Business)     16 January 2012

Thanx A lot, Really Helpful

1 Like
Shridhi Jain

Shridhi Jain (Company Secretary)     17 January 2012

Thanks neha......

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks all for noticing and your encouragement.  smiley

Ankur Garg

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     17 January 2012

Thanks a lot Neha Ji for sharing this useful info. Plz keep sharing.

Regards

1 Like
Charu Srivastava

Charu Srivastava (Company Secretary)     17 January 2012

Stamp Duty on share Certificate is always a confusing and complex topic.

Thanks for the share.

1 Like
rajat goel

rajat goel (student)     11 June 2012

hello neha can u please provide us the link from where u got these stamp duty , because we have to show our foreign client about these stamp duty in haryana  

prakash

prakash (Company Secretary)     11 June 2012

Great work Neha Madam.
1 Like
Sujay Menon

Sujay Menon (Management Trainee)     04 July 2012

Hi Neha, 

Thank you very much for this info. Please can you let me know the source from where the rates of stamp duty were procured from. I am trying to find out on how exactly do I procure the stamps in the State of Haryana. Where the stamp is actually Rs. 0.40 or even Rs. 1. for a Share Certificate; Also, correct me if Im wrong, Revenue Stamps are paid to the Central Government (as these are issued by the Central Government), will it suffice the liability of the Company to pay stamp to the State Government. Please advice.

Thanks,

Sujay

amit trivedi

amit trivedi (Proprietor)     25 July 2012

Will it be valid if revenue stamp peast on share certificates insted of paying stamp duty? What is the amount of stamp duty in 2002, 2003 and now in 2012 in the state of Gujarat? Can i pay through revenue stamp of Rs. 1 for every Rs. 1000/- of share certificate from year 2002. I their any penalty on this?

Law Aspire

Law Aspire (CS)     18 October 2012

NA  : Here means Not Applicable or Not Available?
For Madhya Pradesh U wrote NA but i had seen here companies affixing Revenue Stamp of Rs.1on share certificate  . Please clarify

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags