Query : Taxable Income

Hi,
I am working in a Pvt Company. I have few queries regarding Taxable Income.
I am repaying my education loan, Rs 42075 p.a. out of which Rs. 20175 is interest component. I am paying Rs 30000 p.a. as housing rent. Also my medical expenses will be Rs 5000 p.a.
I want to know the tax tratement to these items. Are Edu loan repayment and medical expense inculded under Investment of Rs 100000 under Chapter VIII or these items are separate than this investment.
Replies (4)
Hi,

You can claim both interest and principle portion of your education loan. With regard to medical expenses, you are eligible to claim upto 15,000 in ayear.

Both education loan and medical exp. are not included in 1,00,000 savings amount.

I hope your question is answered.

Thanks,
Srinu
The One says:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't education loan repayment restricted to a maximum of Rs.40000 per annum u/s80E. Do let me know.....
Hi,

Upto 2005-06 AY limit of Rs.40,000/- exited. As per 2006-07 ammendment you can claim unlimited amount but restricted to interest portion only.


Thanks,
Srinu
The One says:

Thanks Srinu.

So as I interpret it interest upto any amount can be claimed as deduction but principal repayment is not considered as part of deduction.

Also please let me know how I can get hold of the latest Amendments please.

If you have it in e-format do email it to me at: emailid1729 @ yahoo.co.in

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details