query regd deduction claimed

Prakash (Lawyer) (165 Points)

26 January 2008  
1. The property has been taken in the name of wife and the construction loan has been taken in the joint name of husband and wife

2. In the return of the husband (assesee) the benefit for the deduction of the principal amt and the interest has been taken and claimed the refund of tax

3. now the demand has been raised for wrong claiming of rebate

Is there any elgible way of saving such person