Query re. response to cpc communication -incorrect claim u/s 143(1)(a)(ii)

  1. In my ITR-2 for AY 17-18, I had erroneously shown the CG u/s 54EC, instead of what should have been u/s 54.
  2. I received a communication from CPC, pointing out “Incorrect Claim u/s 143(1)(a)(ii)”, as under:

Schedule

Error Descripttion

Amount in IT return

Amount as computed

Variance

 

Schedule CG

There is inconsistency in the amounts / Totals entered in schedule CG OR Taxpayer is claiming deductions u/s 54 which are more than the amountsallowable as per the respective sections

 

0

 

25300

 

25300

  • In order to correct the error, I have filed a Revised return, with the correct Section indicated;
  • However, in the online response to the communication there were only 3 options shown:      

                                 -- Agree (Please file a Revised Return)

                                -- Partially Agree (Please file a Revised Return)

                                   --Disagree

  • Since, I was filing a Revised return, and the CPC Communication was correct in terms of there being an error, I have marked “Agreed” and submitted the response.
  • But I now have a doubt – should I have chosen the option “Disagree”? If so, what can I do now to correct the status. The Revised Return already filed has corrected all errors.

Grateful for any guidance.

Replies (2)
You have given correct response and revised the return.No further action required.

Thank you Sir for the clarification. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details