Need help with IT filing. Thanks in advance!
This is for FY 2020-2021.
1. US Stay period 01-Jan-2020 to 31-Jul-2020. As per US resident rule calculation, I am considered as 'resident'
2. India stay period 01-Aug-2020 to 31-Mar-2021. As per Indian Tax resident rule, I am considered as 'resident'.
3. During my stay in the US, my company paid my Indian salary component as part of US Salary.
4. I returned on 01-Aug-2020. Now, because I am 'resident' as per tax calculation in both the countries, I am taxed for that indian component (that was paid from Mar-2020 to Jul-2020 in USA) in both the countries.
Huge tax was deducted in the first month's salary. I fought with my company that time, they asked me to deal with it myself during filing.
5. Now, I am trying to file Indian IT return.
Should I include all the US salary (US component + Indian component) as my FY 2020-2021 income? and deduct tax paid in the US for calculating Tax to be paid in India FY 2020-21?
OR just calculate tax paid in the USA for the indian component alone and deduct it in India's IT filing?