Query on itr-1 excel form filling regarding line item 23 and

 

Hi team,
I was trying to fill the excel utility downloaded from the Income tax dept website and copyingg my details from the Form 16. But I have one doubt from excel sheet tab named "Taxes paid and verification", this sheet has line items 16a and 16b which are automatically populated from the line item 223 and 25 on the sheet "TDS". But the problem is that I have entered my employers TAN details and the challan details in items 23 and 25 (which is mandatory to fill). So now my total tax in item 17 on the taxes paid sheet is twice of the actual tax amount. How do I solve this problem.
Since , filling the details on item 23 and 25 in the "TDS" sheet is mandatory and the excel is automatically linking it to the next sheet.
Replies (3)

Hello Arpit,

 

I think you are filling same information In item 23 and 25. The Tax amount deducted by employer (Shown in Form-16) will be filled in Item-23 and Tax Submitted by you(Total TAX- TDS Deducted) will be filled in item-25.

Try This, if you have any further query, feel free to ask.

Hi Vikas, thanksf oryour reply. Yes, I think that I am supposed to enter the info only in ITem 23. I was entering the challan and BSR code details as given in my form 16 in the item 25 as well. Due to this, it is taking double tax calculation. I have deleted that item 25 buit just wanted to be sure before I do it. Thanks for your help.

Ur welcomesmiley

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details