Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Query about cpc intimation 143(1)

Chandan (Tech Manager) (24 Points)

03 April 2012  

Hi,

I recently received a communication from CPC Bangalore that there is a pending tax demand  from AY 2008-09 but I didnot receive any email containing the computation of this outstanding tax. I looked at my Form16 for AY2008-09 but it doesnot indicate any due taxes to be paid. All my salary income was correctly taxed and taxes were paid. So I need to know what is the calculation based on which CPC is demanding more tax for AY2008-09.

When I called the helpdesk of CPC they asked me to go to the online website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/CPCIntimationService.do?service=intimationRequestSubmit

and put a request for the "Intimation 143(1) for AY 2008-09". I tried to do this but in the website it says "Processes details (intimation) doesnot exist for the specified PAN and AY". I double checked the PAN and AY information I fed in the onsite site but still I could not place the request for the intimation 143(1).

(1)  Could you please let me know what are the other ways I could verify the calculations based on which CPC is sending me the tax demand notification?

(2)  I received the notification on 28th March 2012. I am still trying to get the intimation 143(1). After that I would have to review those calculations which will take few days. What is the deadline by which I need to pay the tax to CPC?

Thanks,

Chandan

3 Replies

Amar Kumar (CA Final , Intern ) (1095 Points)
Replied 03 April 2012

you can write a letter to it dept saying that you hvn't received any intimation for outstanding tax to be paid for the year ay 08-09 and together you submit the full documents relating to the year ay 08-09 and ask them to resolve the issue.

maybe this will help.

Neha Popat (CA in Practice- Direct Taxation)   (94 Points)
Replied 05 April 2012

call the CPC again as they even register the request over phone in some cases.

Abdul Khayyum Sheikh (Labour) (21 Points)
Replied 08 October 2012

I too got an intimation 2 weeks back from CPC, that I need to pay tax arrears. Only the tax arrears letter with the arrears amount, no intimation of which section it is, or any other details.  when I lookup on incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, I see that the arrears are being demanded under section 143(1). I tried the link above, to get calculation from CPC, but to no avail. 

I am lost as to what I can do now. Someone please advise.

Thanks,

Abdul KS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags