Query about cpc intimation 143(1)

Chandan (Tech Manager) (24 Points)

03 April 2012  

Hi,

I recently received a communication from CPC Bangalore that there is a pending tax demand  from AY 2008-09 but I didnot receive any email containing the computation of this outstanding tax. I looked at my Form16 for AY2008-09 but it doesnot indicate any due taxes to be paid. All my salary income was correctly taxed and taxes were paid. So I need to know what is the calculation based on which CPC is demanding more tax for AY2008-09.

When I called the helpdesk of CPC they asked me to go to the online website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/CPCIntimationService.do?service=intimationRequestSubmit

and put a request for the "Intimation 143(1) for AY 2008-09". I tried to do this but in the website it says "Processes details (intimation) doesnot exist for the specified PAN and AY". I double checked the PAN and AY information I fed in the onsite site but still I could not place the request for the intimation 143(1).

(1)  Could you please let me know what are the other ways I could verify the calculations based on which CPC is sending me the tax demand notification?

(2)  I received the notification on 28th March 2012. I am still trying to get the intimation 143(1). After that I would have to review those calculations which will take few days. What is the deadline by which I need to pay the tax to CPC?

Thanks,

Chandan