Provided incorrect 'Income Tax Ward / Circle' while e-filing


I recently filed my returns online with probably an incorrect AO/ward/circle no.I realised that on receiving the ITR-V, in email, which I'm supposed to send ,duly signed,to CPC,Bangalore.

My question is whether I need to e-file a revised return with the correct AO/ward/circle? I guess not, as the same could be obtained from the PAN. Please confirm.

Please advise.

 

-thanks

Santosh

Replies (2)

serch by this lnk

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/common.do?screen=jurisdiction

Originally posted by : Ram Avtar Singh

serch by this lnk

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/common.do?screen=jurisdiction

 

Thanks for the link Ram, however what I'm asking is whether I really need to file a revised return.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details