Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Professional Tax for Companies

Mr. Struggler (Student) (197 Points)

16 August 2010  

Pls let me know in case of PT it is stated that one can pay PT Rs.2000 PA instead of 2500 PA. 

if it is paid as advance PT whether the same is applicable in case of PT payble by companies.

Pls give source with supporting document. 

 4 Replies

Aditya Maheshwari (CA in Practice) (35817 Points)
Replied 16 August 2010

If u pay Profession Tax for five years together then he need to pay tax as payable for four years only.

It was mentioned in


(JUN 18, 2009 MVAT)

Mr. Struggler (Student) (197 Points)
Replied 16 August 2010

Thank you very much for your reply.

is it applicable to both Individuals and companies and it there any section in IT Act

Aditya Maheshwari (CA in Practice) (35817 Points)
Replied 16 August 2010

It is there in Profession Tax Act and not in Income tax act.

The wordings are "Once this certificate is obtained, the person can discharge their individual tax liability for five years by paying lump sum amount equal to the amount of Profession Tax for four years in advance, getting relief for one year’s payment. "

So i think it can be applied to all persons including company.

roheabdul (Article Trainee) (43 Points)
Replied 19 July 2014

how professional tax is charged??how professional tax is charged for company,partnership,proprietors???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags