Professional Tax!

I've got a mail stating that I'm registered under MGST & I need to register for Professional Tax Enrollment Certificate!

Kindly Help me With what is it??

I Do not know anything about it!

I do a small business. Pay GST Every month. Last year I had paid a Nill Income Tax return!
Replies (8)

As you are doing business, you are liable to enroll under Professional Tax act, and pay PT for the establishment and for your employees, if any....

Yes GST department people are sending this mail to all assesses who are registered under gst but not under profession tax. You will have to register under profession tax under PTEC or PTRC and pay taxes.
Means Every Businessman needs to enroll with that PTEC??

& How would I know that This much profession tax I should pay??

I don't have any employee!
it's a small sole proprietorship.

Yes, your establishment is requied to be registered under PTEC......... annual fees would be around Rs. 2000/- (differs state wise)

O God!

Business bhi karo....Income tax bhi do....Profession tax bhi do!
Kamayi kuchh nahi hai aur Tax hi dete raho!

Chhyaaah!
How do I register for this??

It can be done on our own Or I need to visit a CA??
call me on 9462764999 if any query regarding pt ec registration
No u dnt need a CA
U cn do it onlin on website by yourself too
if you are running sole proprietary business with no employees then you need to register under PTEC.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details