Procedure for ICWAI Members (AICWA & FICWA) to get CMA Membe

ACMA-ICAI (DGM-Global Voice Business)   (1052 Points)

28 May 2009  

Procedure for ICWAI Members (AICWA & FICWA) to get CMA Membership of IMA USA

1. Please ensure that your membership dues to ICWAI have been paid. It may be noted that the

membership fee falls due on 1

CMA Membership and renewal in the subsequent years. To apply for CMA Membership now, a

member must have cleared his dues for 2009-10 including entrance fees, if any.

2. Send application in the format given below to ICWAI along with a fee of INR 2000 (for members

residing in India) [US$ 100 for members residing outside India] by Demand Draft in favour of

st April each year and is required to be paid prior to application for

“The ICWA of India”

3. For renewal of membership in the subsequent years, the certification fee is INR 1000 (for

members residing in India [US$ 50 for members residing outside India].

4. The applicants for admission to membership or renewal of membership with IMA should ensure

that the member has no dues with ICWAI towards membership or other fees.

5. The ICWAI would send a status certificate in respect of the member directly to IMA USA under

intimation to the applicant member.

6. The member should directly apply to IMA and pay the following requisite fees:

(i) US$ 195 for North America Regular Members or International members, plus US$ 15

application fee.

(ii) Pay the standard CMA exam entrance fee of US$ 200.

7. ICWAI Members can access the appropriate IMA Member Application online at IMA’s website:

North American or International. Use Promo Code: ICWAICMA.

8. To maintain CMA certification, all CMAs must earn 30 Continuing Professional Education credits

per year (including 2 credits in the subject of Ethics). (See Rights and Responsibilities of a CMA).

Continuing education credits can be used to satisfy requirements for both the ICWAI and CMA

certifications. Under the IMA/ICWAI partnership, certified members seeking mutual recognition

must maintain membership in both IMA and ICWAI.

9. Contact Mr. Kaushik Banerjee, Additional Director-cum-Joint Secretary, The Institute of Cost and

Works Accountants of India, 12 Sudder Street, Kolkata – 700 016,

Phone: 91-33-22521031/1034/1035/1492/1602/1619,

Fax: 91-33-22521723, e-mail: membership.kb @ icwai.org for any query.

10. Contact IMA’s Member Services Team to answer questions about IMA membership and CMA

certification. Contact IMA Member Services at 800-638-4427 (North America) or +1-201-573-

9000 (Outside of North America), or by e-mail at ima @ imanet.org.

payable at Kolkata.

Format of Application

Date:

The Secretary

The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India

12, Sudder Street,

Kolkata – 700 016.

Dear Sir,

Sub:

CMA Certification by IMA USA

I wish to apply to IMA USA for their CMA Certification and request you to issue a certificate

to them directly with a copy to me certifying that I have successfully passed the Final

Examination of ICWAI and I am a member of ICWAI.

Requisite fee of US$ 100/INR 2000 by Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The ICWA of India”

payable at Kolkata, India is enclosed herewith.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Full Signature

Name: ___________________________________________________

Full address with Zip/Pin Code: _______________________________

Phone no.: Landline & Mobile E-mail:

Encl: Demand Draft No. _________ dated ___________ for US$ 100/ INR 2000 drawn in

favour of “The ICWA of India” payable at Kolkata, India