Easy Office
LCI Learning

Problem in filing ITR 2

Page no : 4

Venkat (Retd Banker) (35 Points)
Replied 25 July 2023

The problem occurs even in the lastest ITR2 . Split up details does not allow negative figures.

Replied 25 July 2023

The problem occurs even in the lastest ITR2 . Split up details does not allow negative figures.

Replied 25 July 2023

Replied 25 July 2023

Firoj Mujawar (2 Points)
Replied 26 July 2023

Section F breakup in CG is only needed when you use Schedule BFLA to bring your previous losses.

For me it LTCG was 3,000/- which was not even taxable

And STCG was -15,000/-

So, had nett loss of 12,000/-

I simply deleted the F section (There is a button Edit and Delete at top-right corner of Section F), as I don't want to bring more losses, instead this nett loss of 12,000/- will be carried forward to next year.

If we had profit in current year then it makes sense to bring losses from previous year to set off and provide quarterly breakup in Section F.

Balasubramanian Govindarajulu (2 Points)
Replied 29 July 2023

I also could not enter negative values in quarterly breakup in Section F.

Section F cannot be deleted with delete button at right top corner, It only deletes all entered values in the section.

I simply entered 0 for the first four quarters and entered the actual LTCG & STCG for the full year in the fifth quarter. It worked!!

jagdish chhugani (engineer) (736 Points)
Replied 30 July 2023

Part F only profit to be entered period wise for purpose of advance tax  and if not deposited on time, then it calculate interest on that. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: