Easy Office
LCI Learning

Problem in filing ITR 2

Page no : 2

Kannan Iyyengar (42 Points)
Replied 23 August 2021

Yes, Sir.  You are quite right.  In that case, one cannot file the Return at all.

I referred the matter to "Grievance" of the e-filing portal. 

Back came the reply from them within two days to my mail : "Resolved".

Nothing was resolved.  Everything remains the same.

satyasai (Retired) (22 Points)
Replied 23 August 2021

The quarterly breakup is used ONLY for calculation of Interest under 234C  Advance Tax and therefore only positive values matter. Negative value ie losses need not be entered in quarterly breakup.. 
setoff with other quarters is the solution. 

M. Sreehari (Retired Professor) (77 Points)
Replied 24 August 2021

It appears that when the overall CG is negative one can just enter zero  as CG in each of the periods.

J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING) (1288 Points)
Replied 25 August 2021

Originally posted by : M. Sreehari
It appears that when the overall CG is negative one can just enter zero  as CG in each of the periods.

A Zero entry in one quarter will result into Schedule F not matching the LTCG total.

Replied 26 August 2021

Yes. a zero entry in each quarter results in  total LTCG not matching . But what is the solution ?

Last year I had the same problem when we were filing the then excel file/XML file. I had left the quarterly/ period-wise LTCG as 0 and my ITR-2 was accepted and processed.

Replied 26 August 2021

I beg to disagree, Sir.  Unless the total of the five break-ups of Schedule F : “Information about accrual / receipt of Capital Gains” tallies with the net capital gain figure in Schedule CG, the Return does not get validated.  Error message is shown.

Replied 26 August 2021

I beg to disagree, Sir.  Unless the total of the five break-ups of Schedule F : “Information about accrual / receipt of Capital Gains” tallies with the net capital gain figure in Schedule CG, the Return does not get validated.  Error message is shown.

CA.Pujah (Service) (1000 Points)
Replied 01 September 2021

Well, I think if the net result is a negative figure that is, Loss, it doesn't  travel to accrual schedule Part F in Capital Gain but to part E regarding current year loss. 

Lakshmi Krishnakumar (2 Points)
Replied 09 September 2021

The above glitch continues. Even if total of all 5:quarters tallies with BFLA total capital gain, the return is not getting validated.

Hari Shankar dasgupta (Accounts Manager) (39 Points)
Replied 10 September 2021

Since morning I was facing this issue and on my own I reduced the first quarter loss from the second quarter gain.

Now I find you had the same suggestion. Great men think alike. We have to think of innovating our own ways to get out of some incomplete/untested software. What was the great hurry under these covid conditions?

Hari Shankar dasgupta (Accounts Manager) (39 Points)

Since morning I was facing this issue and on my own I reduced the first quarter loss from the second quarter gain.

Now I find you had the same suggestion. Great men think alike. We have to think of innovating our own ways to get out of some incomplete/untested software. What was the great hurry under these covid conditions?

But now I am stuck. On bonds I have a loss in the 4th quarter. From where do I reduce that - from the previous quarter?? Now this great mind is also stuck......

I think interest on bonds is taxed  same as tax on income from Other Sources. So one may just put all the income from bonds under last category of OS.

I have a problem unrelated to to the main issue of CG.

My problem is that  the Salary Schedule does not permit entering any data. I have tried at least 10-12 times without success. Naturally I have not come up to validation.

Further each time I try to update the ITR-2 it says a different number of schedules- ranging from 18 to 25. are selected. 

Replied 23 September 2021

The suggestion of Mr. Samantha dt 14th August 2021 is worthy of consideration.  It is reproduced below:  "In case the loss is in Q1,Q2 or Q3 reduce the loss from SUBSEQUENT quarter and enter the reduced value in SUBSEQUENT quarter! In case the loss is in Q4 , in upto 16/3 ,the fourth quarter reduce the loss from 16/3 to 31/3 and enter reduced value in the 16/3 to 31/3. In case the loss is in 16/3 to 31/3 quarter reduce the value from upto 16/3 and enter the reduced value in upto 16/3. This is because in common parlance a year has FOUR QUARTER s but IT department has FIVE Quarter in a year. In short reduce the loss from SUBSEQUENT quarter except in case the loss is in FIFTH quarter when I will reduce from the "fourth quarter " and enter reduced value in "fourth quarter"! "

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/problem-in-filing-itr-2-578271.asp?offset=1

jagdish chhugani (engineer) (736 Points)
Replied 13 October 2021

If you have capital gain  or loss it will calculate automatically , if it is gain then you need to fill quarterly entry , if loss no need to fill,  now regarding quarterly entry for profit over all you need to fill where you made profit , some how you need to fill amount in any quarter to match profits. Purpose to fill quarterly entry to calculate intrest, if tax not paid in time. 

gaurav bansal (2 Points)
Replied 28 December 2021

I am stuck in filling qtr wise break up of capital gain. It is still showing error . please help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: