Easy Office
LCI Learning

Presentation style in exams- pls participate

Page no : 2

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48559 Points)
Replied 19 February 2013

@ RICHA PATEL

PLEASE FIND BELOW LINKS

CLICK HERE THE WAY TO ANSWER A CASE LAW

CLICK HERE HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE YOUR EXAM PRODUCTIVITY

CLICK HERE TIPS FOR WRITING THEORY ANSWERS

CLICK HERE HOW TO PRESENT GOOD ANSWER TO CA EXAM

CLICK HERE PRESENTATION SKILLS FOR WRITING PROFESSIONAL EXAMS

CLICK HERE REVISION OF WHOLE SYLLABUS AT THE TIME OF EXAM

CLICK HERE  REASON FOR POOR MARKS SCORED IN CA EXAMS

2 Like

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 19 February 2013

Originally posted by : Ganeshbabu

@ RICHA PATEL

PLEASE FIND BELOW LINKS

CLICK HERE THE WAY TO ANSWER A CASE LAW

CLICK HERE HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE YOUR EXAM PRODUCTIVITY

CLICK HERE TIPS FOR WRITING THEORY ANSWERS

CLICK HERE PRESENTATION SKILLS FOR WRITING PROFESSIONAL EXAMS

CLICK HERE REVISION OF WHOLE SYLLABUS AT THE TIME OF EXAM

CLICK HERE  REASON FOR POOR MARKS SCORED IN CA EXAMS

What a collection Ganesh.. Google Ganesh

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48559 Points)
Replied 19 February 2013

CLICK HERE WAY TO GANESHBABU MUSEUM

ACTUALLY I HAVE COLLECTE FOR MY REFERENCE

BUT IT IS USEFUL TO OTHERS ALSO

ALL THE NEEDS/PROBLEMS  OF STUDENTS

ALREADY RESOLVED IN CACLUB INDIA

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 19 February 2013

This Article is available at the link mentioned below:

/forum/some-presentation-skills-30478.asp   

SOME PRESENTATION SKILL FOR WRITING PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATIONS

As we all know presentation plays a very important role in fetching high marks especially in CA Exam. You may use the following tips which I have observed during my study and used in my CS and CA exams:

1.          In practical problems never start your answer with Yes or No unless you are 100% sure. First mention the relevant provision and show in your answer how you reach the conclusion. In the end conclude your answer in the following manner: “On the basis of above discussion we can conclude that as per the Section-166 Annual General Meeting can not be convened on a public holiday.”  (Consider this as an example).

On the contrary if you are 100% sure from the very beginning always start your answer with Yes or No. Like in the above problem it is very much sure that AGM can not be held on a public holiday.

1. Try and always mention the relevant section. Make it a habit. Do not ask anybody regarding the importance of remembering a section. If you make it a habit now it will 100% pay at the time of your final preparation.

1. In distinctive question never segregate 2 provisions with the help of a line.

For example: Distinguish between Fixed and Floating Charge

Mention the distinction in the following way:

1. Fixed charge is created in the specific property on the other hand floating charge is created on the class of property.
  2. Fixed charge clutch the property whereas floating charge floats over the property.

Conclusion: You should use “on the other hand” OR “whereas” to club two different provisions.

4.         Use only Blue and Black Pen to write. Never use any other colour otherwise wastage of time and bed impression on teacher.

5.         You may underline the relevant provision or any substantial provision.

6.         Start your answer from a new page with the heading “Answer to Question No. 1/2/3 or 10”

7.         Try and improve your recalling power. When you firs see the question the entire answer should be in your mind. (Yes it is 100% possible). Benefit: You’ll be able to complete your answer with more valuable content as compare to others and very quickly & within a certain time frame. When other writes 5-6 points you write at least 8-10 points.

8.         In theory paper never read practical problems first. First attempt flat questions. Like in Audit or Law first attempt short notes or distinctions etc.

Reason for not attempting the practical problems first is that in the beginning you have enough time to read it twice or thrice and waste your time.

9.         If you mention any case law highlight it properly. Write it in the following way:

Ram Singh

Vs.

Union of India

10.       In distinction problems first write something (2-3 lines) about the topic. Example: Like in the distinction between Interim and Final Dividend write some about Interim and Final Dividend and mention in the end: “hence the points of distinction between Interim and Final Dividend are as follows”    

11.        If in a passage there are various points try and write them separately in points and give them separate number.

12.        In exam never use short forms like AGM, EGM, CG, CLB, ROC, ICSI, ICAI, SAP, AS Etc.

13.        When you start your answer by using a section use like this:

“As per Section-171 of the Companies Act, 1956”  

14.       Do not worry you may start your paper by answering question No. 10 first.

15.        You may experiment all these points in your university exams or rather I would say you should use university exams to improve your writing skills.

16.       I have seen many students after receiving their exam copy start making margins with their scale on the left side of the exam copy. This is some thing really horrible. Avoid it.

17.        While writing be specific about your answer. In other words write your answer to the point. (Faltu copy bharna baker hai professional exams mai)

18.       Try and make an effort to complete your paper 100%. In other words attempt full paper of 100 marks. This is very important for fetching more marks.

19.       Try and avoid cutting of words. (See the example below)

Whenever a company fails to file the  annual accounts and annual returns, desc -ribed in sub-clause (A) of clause (g) of sub-section (1) of section 274, persons who are directors on the last due date for filing the annual accounts and the annual returns for any continuous three financial years commencing on and after the first day of April, 1999, shall be disqualified.

Observe the first line of the Para above and see the word described. Half the word is in first line and half is in second line. This is some thing very poor as far as professional exams are concerned. So avoid it.

20.       During your preparation try and study everything. Everything here means each and every topic. The basic idea behind this point is that you must have something relevant to write about the given topic.

For example a short note came in the paper regarding “Reserve Capital” u/s 99 of Companies Act, 1956 if you have never ever heard about Reserve Capital then you’ll be completely blank. So to avoid such situation this point may be prove helpful to you all.

Hope you all agree with me on the above mentioned points. I am very hopeful that these points surely add something to your Examination copy.

Best Regards

Ankur Garg

1 Like

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 19 February 2013

(Guest)

Heading: Case involved

Ist Para: Situation in Case

IInd Para: Provisions in The Act or relevant provisions

IIIrd Para: Conclusion

CS BHAVIK HARSHAD SHAH (Company Secretary) (1662 Points)
Replied 19 February 2013

Respected Vivek sir,

you told that we should write that question that we know very well

so its means we can write in any order

so if we write in any order of question means last question is first & so on

so it will not give bad impression??

please clarify this dought

& it is allowed to write in any order???

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 20 February 2013

You can attempt the questions in any order. But ensure that all parts of a question is answered at the same place. 

For e.g there are six questions 1 to 6 and each has sub parts a to d.

You can take up any question from 1 to 6 first. But ensure that the sub parts of the question are answer at one place. 

Further there is no such thing as good impression or bad impression. 

1 Like

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)
Replied 21 February 2013

Hi, I have my CA Final exams in this May and I feel okay with all the subjects, except ISCA. What a nightmare ISCA really is!!! Dammit, It's haunting me even in my dreamsangry

Someone please throw me some tips on ISCA preparation^^^

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40581 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Richa ji,

There appears to be numerous suggestions flooded by respected CCI members on this thread, which must facilitate you to take note of them. In addition, you may find postings of similar kind available in various other threads of CCI. My sincere suggestion to you is to jot them down in your diary and keep referring to it at periodical intervals, as it will surely empower you to stay motivated. The biggest challenge in professional examination is all about the smart work and mental fitness.

“Sathishji ur tips are invaluable indeed..I wud really request u to give some more suggestions..Also i wud like to knw that in case of sfm wen v quote any formula is it necessary on our part to also state what the alphabets in formula stands for? For eg.: a=b*c; where b stand for so n so n c stands for so n so..”

On your specific question of writing formula in the examination is concerned, it may be appropriate to give a brief descripttion of the characters or symbols or terminology used by you. This will help you during the course of revision too. When you refer books of various Indian or foreign authors including professional institutes you may find them using different terminology in the formula but the final answer would be same. There are some times few standardized formulae adopted uniformly by most authors and in that case, it is not required to mention. Just to give you a classical example, you may find that the formulae given in “Standard Costing” chapter almost vary with every book that you refer, but the final solution would be same.

It is important to know that the paper on Strategic Financial Management in the recent past has assuaged the belief among most students that it is an easy and scoring paper. This may be true to some extent based on recent trends, but I would like to add a caveat that it was always a pain in its earlier avtar a.k.a MAFA. With so many financial modeling tools implemented practically it is crucial for students to equip themselves with the need for conceptual understanding on the subject.

Wish you all, best of luck for the ensuing May 2013 examination.

Just concluding with some inspirational quotes:

"Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats."
Og Mandino

"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear."
Brian Tracy

"Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements."
Napoleon Hill

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
Dale Carnegie

2 Like

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40581 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

Check whether this file can be of any help?

Attached File : 397399 1140204 584670 48766 tips for students for ca exams.pdf downloaded: 77 times

Deepak Parsai (Future CA) (623 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

thanks for sharing.

Ca kshetra (CA Business) (69 Points)
Replied 25 February 2013

ATTENTION FRIENDS! Here iz a solution to ur Income Tax blues.......MT EDUCARE is conducting a rapid revision batch from 28th march for DT and IDT covering all Amendments and Exam oriented important topics wid a coverage of more than 60 marks for a very nominal fee exclusively intended for the benefit of sudents inorder to address their problems due to the 126 applicable amendments for MAY 13......guys registrations are open and seats are limited..........so avail dis golden opportunity.......for more details u can contact 90030 96789/ 044 43060319 Read more at: /forum/ca-rapid-revision-crash-course-240573.asp#.USsf8PI7vFx

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: