Practice-CA vs Doctor

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)

29 December 2010  

U might be suprised as to why would any body compare doctors and CAs vis-a-vis-practice..as both can do practice i try to find out which one is more worthful...Remember only 5000 students become CA each year however over 500000 i.e., 100 times more doctors than CAs become eligible to treat u ever raising indian population...u may wonder when no. of CAs hitting the market is so less than doctors practicing would be a cake walk?the opposite is the situation !!

See doctors can work in hospital n simaltenously work in his own clinic..which is permitted for doctors not for CAs..i.e.,if have to decide whether u want to do job in company or practice privately..howevery i personally know many doctors who r working in many clinics n hospitals n making the most of his/her degree..even CAs can become partners with multiple firms but rsponsibility also get incresed..so if he signs balance sheet with out due diligence he may be in danger...

For individual Returns u've to go to CAs only for once in a year but u visit quite often ranging from root canal treatment(Dentist) to stress management(psychologist) to general physical..not to forget we visit dermatologist quiet often to look better in this world..

Fees-The fees charged by doctors is also very high ranges from100 to400 for a consultation while same might be the fees CAs charged for indiviual return..but increasing the client base for CAs is very difficult than doctors..patient can go to any doctor but not client!!Even during recession doctors do not reduce their fees..Many doctors charges lakhs of rupees per year to write particular medicine..one AIIMS doctor charged over 2 crores for writing particular medicine in a year from one Pharma major..No recommedation from CAs can be entertained !!not to forget doctors get anything in thier house from MR-Medical Representative even water purifier etc to recommend company's medicine..the fees charged by surgeon is about1 lakh per opeation-open heart...such insane fees can not be charged by CAs!!

Brand Name-doctors can build their own NAME but CAs can not because still u've to be resourceful....u may visit MR X clinic because he's a good doctor but visiting MR Y for auditing of some big company might not be possibile because of lack of resources facing by CA(lack of staff).....

Advertisement-Though ICAI allows some form of advertising through Write ups etc..doctors can advertisement in a big way..

The positive i see in CA practice is that so u don't need to  meet diseased person every minute but doctors have to meet all sorts of patients..

but there is no denail of the facts that money wise CAs r no where closer to doctors..some doctors r practicing without holding practicing certificate unlike CAs..because we never to cross check registeration number of doctor..but as a client we never forget to cross membeship no. and COP with the CA..

guys u thinking of turning to doctor?its too late now :)