Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

Place of Supply Rules

sandeep (Accountant)     24 February 2020

sandeep
Accountant 
 5 likes  105 points

| My Other Post

Dear All,

Suppose We purchase goods Directly From the Supplier ( Hand Delivery) , can we put request to Supplier to raise the Invoice on our Different GST Number ( Branch Located in Gujarat) . Recently One Supplier refused to raise the Invoice citing reason that we sold goods in Maharashtra , So he will not able to charge IGST  since the Place of Supply is in Maharashtra.

Kindly throw some lights on Place of Supply Rules.

1 Like

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     24 February 2020

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 8088 likes  110685 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Where is the supplier located...?

What is Your registration in that Supplier's state...?

avater

sandeep (Accountant)     25 February 2020

sandeep
Accountant 
 5 likes  105 points

Supplier is located in Maharashtra. We also have Registration in Maharashtra as well as in Gujarat. We collected goods in Maharashtra but asked supplier to raise invoice in the name of Gujarat Entity and charged IGST  but they refused to do since we have received goods in Maharashtra and they charged CGST / SGST instead of IGST

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     26 February 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3219 likes  43245 points

Yes As per Section 10 of IGST the supplier can raise invoice on the model bill to ship to

Bill to : Gujrat address
Ship to : Maharashtra address

1 Like
avater

sandeep (Accountant)     26 February 2020

sandeep
Accountant 
 5 likes  105 points

@ Pankaj Sir,

does it means Supplier can Charge IGST and shown place of Supply is maharashtra ( Bill to Ship to Concept) but here the supplier Charged SGST and CGST   then How Gujarat entity take credit of  SGST  and CGST.

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     28 February 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3219 likes  43245 points

Yes offcourse Supplier is Liable charge IGST in this case..

Once the Address under' Bill to " is provided for Gujrat the POS is Gujrat & IGST is applicable.
It's like Gujarat dealer has directed to supplier to Deliver the goods to Mumbai but Bill to me in Gujarat.

Kindly refer Section 10(1)(b) of IGST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »