PFC Bond 54EC

I have invested in PFC Bond under Section 54EC of Capital Gain Exemption in Sept 2022. Now I want to withdraw the same. Can I Do that and What is Procedure? 

I'm aware that my Capital Gain Exempted will be taxed accordingly.

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
This discussion concerns the early withdrawal of a PFC Bond invested under Section 54EC for capital gains exemption. While the investor wishes to redeem the bond before maturity, PFC has stated that redemption before the 5-year maturity date is not possible unless directed by the Income Tax Officer (ITO). The procedure would involve obtaining a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the jurisdictional ITO, potentially after paying the Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG) tax, which would then allow for bond surrender.

Get NOC from your jurisdictional ITO, by paying LTCG tax as per his advice. Based on NOC the bonds can be surrender back.

Thank you sir....

Can you provide me reference of relevant section or Provisions on the basis of which I can approach concerned AO.

Check the term & conditions on the back of the bond certificate...

Or contact PFC bond helpline...

Sir, received this communication from PFC.

Dear sir

 

As per 54EC act, redemption before maturity date is not possible.  It is requested to hold the bonds till maturity.

 

54EC Investorcell

PFC has no right to mature the bond before 5 years, unless ITO directs it to do the same. That is why I, initially stated to get permission from Jurisdictional ITO.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details