PF withdrawn for house purchase but deal cancelled. Way forward now?

Dear forum members, this is my first post so do bear with me for any nonconformities.

I was on the verge of buying a house property on resale from a resident Indian, for which a bank loan was essential. The deal was 99% finalized with all requisite due diligence in place both from our side and the bank. As part of the own contribution, I took a 90% withdrawal from my EPFO account (fully online, no physical interaction at all), and the monies were credited within 2 working days.

To my complete misfortune, the very next day the seller cancelled the deal due to a sudden COVID-related death in his immediate family. Now I have no immediate requirement for the PF loan, and with no clear idea when I will be able to zero in on a particular HP again. We took 14 months to choose this particular one as we are very fussy about many aspects.

My queries:

How can I pay it back and by when? 

Can I withdraw it again as and when I choose another HP?

Can members please advise urgently as I am aware of the loss in interest income every day I leave it in my FD accounts (earning only 5%).

Thank you in advance!

Replies (1)
You need to meet your jurisdiction epfo commissioner. you will have to return money to epfo.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details