Passing criteria in ca exams

HELLO TO ALL THE RESPECTED MEMBERS OF THE FORUM

I AM A STUDENT OF CA - IPCC (OLD SCHEME) . MY ATTEMPT IS DUE IN MAY 2018. I WANT TO KNOW THAT IF  AFTER APPLYING FOR THE EXAMS IN BOTH GROUPS , SUBSEQUENTLY I APPEAR FOR ONLY ONE OF THE GROUPS AND BECOME ABSENT IN ONE OR WHOLE PAPERS OF THE OTHER GROUP THEN WILL I BE DECLARED AS PASSED IN THE GROUP I APPEARED WHOLLY IF I FULFILL THE PASSING CRITERIA OF THE INSTITUTE  IN RESPECT OF THAT GROUP ??

KINDLY ANSWER WITH REFERENCE TO ICAI GUIDELINES.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Replies (5)

Yes, if u fullfill the cretria in that group.

yes you can

ys offcourse. result of one group doesnt affect result of another group. only benefit is taht if you give both groups you can have setoff benefit. otherwise no loss. if you take 40% passing marks in each subject of that group and 50% of that group then you will be declared as "pass" in that group. In next attempt you can attend the another group which remained and when you pass that group also you will be declared as pass in the exam.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR. RATAN, MR. SIDHARTH AND AND MR. SACHIN FOR CLEARING MY DOUBT.

Study Well Nidhi

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details