Passed CA G-1 in 2.5 months

CA Chiranjiv Kumar (www.chiranjivkumar.com) (3141 Points)

16 July 2015  

I was/am an IIM aspirant. I didn't prepare for CA finals in november 2014 (my attempt), instead appeared for CAT 2014. I got good percentile in CAT 2014 but lost in IIM Interviews. My last interview was on 12th Feb, totally depressed I purchased books of CA G-1, filled the examination form and started studying. According to me, CA (G-1) is easier than CAT. Audit is of IPCC level (40 tho), SFM is full of basic knowledge, Law is simple theory and Accounts is a little complicated. 

Just Bought books of G-2. I know that if we desire anything so much, then that very thing can be us, in every bit of us. I don't need to love the subjects, neither I do because my dream is something else. I just need to get it, absorb it and let it be a part of me. 

Those who failed, should pick up insititute study material and Practice manuals. Drop all the other books. Only ICAI material (I did the same). So next time, let ourselves be CA together :)

P.S. - I live a very simple life with very less active online social presence, facebook, etc., simple diet, 5 hour sleep and minimal exposure to energy draining sources like digital screens. It was an abstinence which has now become a habit. So, I had and still have more than enough time per day at my disposal...

Edit: SFM dose from my previous caclubindia articles -

Foreign Exchange - Practical Aspects

Dealing in Bonds - Practical Aspects

Right Issue - Practical Aspects

Making Money out of Forex and IR Swaps

Mutual Funds - What, Why and How?

Sens*x and Nifty calculation simplified

Insider Trading - How is it done?

Money Laundering - How is it done?