PAN Disabled by ITD

Recently I Tried to create a user ID (reqd to file the E-return) for one of my clients. I've switched over to E-return as regards to Paper Returns Last Year. HOwever, while registering, the message displayed, that PAN doesnot exist in the Database of Income Tax Dept. On approaching IT Dept, i was told that, the PAN has been disabled due to De-Duplication process, which meant the Assessee was allotted another PAN. HOwever, My client doesnot have any other PAN. Also, since all his previous correspondence, transactions, returns, etc. pertain to the same PAN (which is deleted) and also current year TDS is deposited against the same PAN, I am not able to file the Return and I am sure, Client will face a problem even if I file the Return in PAPER form.

                 I do not see any options to resolve the issue. Can annyone help me in this regards?

Replies (2)

department will provide you details of another pan, 

ask your client to provide clear cut details, coz in such case , he will face loads of trouble, as we feel that his ID and address proof + photo is used for 2nd pan. 

AGREE , with MR , SHARMA 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details