Painful story of a ca student for all of you

(Guest)

Another Painful Story for all of you................

Well, this was the story of a Person named Srinivas. A. A very common man, from a very trifling place of Hyderabad. He was 6 feet tall, having a dark complexion and also had a moustache. He was quite similar to SRK of “Rab ne bana di Jodi”. The only difference was instead of wearing the sports shoes; he used to wear the leather shoes. I met him, when I went to Hyderabad for the job. He was working in a Chartered accountancy firm of which I was the newly appointed manager. He was working in the concern since 5 year. He joined the organisation at a salary of 10000 and now he was getting 18000. Apart from the parents, he was also having a younger sister.
She was studying in class-6. When he joined the concern, his father was also working somewhere, but 6 months ago, his father got a paralyses attack. Now his father was not working. He was a retired man now. Srinivas was the only wage earner in his family. His total expenses including everything used to go up to 17000 P.M. and he used to save for his sister’s marriage. Srinivas was doing the CA since 2000. He cleared his CA inter, without taking any tutions, as his family was not in a condition to support the same expenditure. He cleared his CA inter in his 3rd attempt. When I joined the concern, he already gave 5 attempts of CA final, but did not able to clear or got any exemption in any paper. I was sandbagged when I hear the same. I salute that guy for his patience. He was serene like seashore.
He was a very intelligent and hardworking person. He was very good in Income Tax and ROC related work. He almost learnt the MCA site and had the ability to guide a non-user of that site, to work on that site, without seeing the site. He was a Mr Perfectionist. He was just not having the degree only. Except that, he had everything which a Chartered Accountant should have. He was not so good in the theory part. He was not from an English medium school, so expressing the theory part in the examination was his biggest problem and that was the only reason for not clearing the CA.
As I was the fresher CA that time, he helped me with his practical experience.

His financial condition was lamentable. He was not even having that much amount of money to buy a new shirt for himself. He was only having 2 pairs of shirts and trousers. His life style was simple. He always used to eat only rice during the lunch time, because he could not afford more than that. Price of rice in Hyderabad is very low. His monthly expenditure was fixed and was not in a position to afford a single minor change in the same. He used to study from the online websites during the office hours as he could not afford to buy each and every book. During the exams time, when other students used to hear music or play games to relax a bit, but he was not having those facilities. The only mean of relaxation for him was talking some fresh air, while walking in the park. He was having a pristine cell phone of Nokia and that was too for the incoming calls.
I visited his house one day. His mother and father treated me well. They were very nice peoples.
(Uske ghar ki halat bahut jyada kharan thi, wo ghar kabhi bhi gir sakta tha. Main chah kar bhi kuch help nahin kar paa raha tha.)

One day; we were just going to a client office for the audit. That day only, I got some time to interact with him. He narrated me his painful story, his frustration for not clearing the examination, his frustration for not getting a good job with a better pay without degree.
He was under the roof of an overabundance responsibility and was fighting with the same like a true belligerent. I tried my best to help him; I gave my books and notes to him. I also told him to ask me for a help, if he faces any problem in the theory part. I sometimes, even helped him by making a small monetary assistance by paying his conveyance charges and fooding charges during the lunch time. On his birthday, I gifted him a shirt and a trouser, and a wrist watch. But I knew that help won’t help him that much. I knew, only the degree of CA would help him.

I was also not satisfied with my pay as it was not symmetrical with my work load. So I was also looking for a change. I amended my profile on Naukari, Monster and other job portals as I was not using them since I got this job. After a week, I finally started getting the mails regarding the job openings for CA’s.
Finally I got a call for the profile of a Tax consultant in a reputed company. I went for the interview and cleared the first round quit easily. I went till the last round which was a practical round and I cleared the same, due to srinivas, as he helped me on the practical aspects during my job. Finally I got selected and the company offered me a pay which was 20% more than my current pay. It was all because of srinivas I got the job. I called him and thanked him. He was very happy to hear that, but I was not. I was thinking of srinivas only. I again went back to the new company and told them about srinivas and his knowledge, but the only problem was the degree. He was not having the degree.
I tried my level best to convince them. Finally they agreed for an interview.
I informed srinivas and told everything. He turned down my offer.
He said,”wo aapka post hai, aapke lie hai, main kaise le sakta hun”.
I: bhai mere aisa koi baat nahin hai, mujhe abhi jo pay milta hai main usme jyada khush to nahin hun, but dukhi bhi nahin hun, ye post sirf aur sirf tumhare lie hai. Company wale tum pe koi ehsaan nahin krenege, tum company pe ehsaan kroge.
Jitna knowledge aapko hai, ye post aapko hi milna chahiye. Waise bhi kaam knowledge se hi karna hai degree se nahin.
Finally I managed to convince him.
Next morning, He and I went for the interview.
Srinivas just bamboozled the interviewer with his knowledge and practical experience and finally got selected. Company offered him 30000, but I helped him in negotiating and finally 33000 was the agreed amount. I was very happy for him. Finally he got what he deserved.

Guys, srinivas just again gave the CA final exam in this May 2012, please pray for him.
Best Regards
CA Abhay Hirawat
https://www.facebook.com/LoveStoryOfACaStudent