Ownership of house

If we dont explicitly mention the ownership details in the sale deed (in case of joint owners), is it assumed by tax authorites that share of owner ship is 50:50

If the sale deed is already prepared and registered and the share of ownership is not explicity mentioned, what is the best way to now declare the ownership share??

Replies (2)

About your 1st Query Ankur I think the I.T. Dept people will go for the documentary evidence for the verification of the ownership.

And, I too am interested in knowing the answer of the 2nd Query.

As per the department concerned they can go to any ground of suspension unless it is clear in sale deed.

But it is your responsibility to prove the source for acqusition and the previous owner from whom u bought and the muncipal taxes paid bills.

I think the I.T Dept should not suppose to assume like that.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details