Outstanding demand deducted from refund and also paid on e-filing website

For the AY 2010-11, There was an Outstanding Demand on the e-Filing website.

On June 7th 2018, on the e-Filing website, I paid the outstanding demand.

On June 12th, 2018 I received an email from SBI stating that the outstanding demand has been adjusted against my refund for the AY 2017-18 ITR.

On June 7th, 2018 I was not aware of the fact the outstanding demand amount was deducted from the refund as the refund status just said that “Refund sent to Bank”. I thought I will get the full refund so I made the payment for Outstanding Demand.

So, now the demand has been paid online and also deducted from my refund.

What should I do to get my refund?

My AY 2016-17 ITR is still not processed...So, while processing my AY 2016-17 ITR, Will the AO be able to know that I made the payment and include that amount in 2016-17 refund? or Do I have contact them?

Please let me know.

 

 

 

Replies (3)
rectify the ay 2010 11 itr ,, it's the best way ,bcz as the demand is already adjusted and u also paid the demand excess tax amount will be shown in the PAN LEDGER ACCOUNT ,,, so it can be redtify file 154 ,,,and claim refund of 2010 11 ,,,,
Agree with Kabeera Ji

Alternative you may contact your AO

Thank you for your responses.

I've raised a Grievance in the Income tax online portal 2 months ago and I got the below reponse a week later i.e. on 9th July, 2018

"FOR THE A.Y. 2010-11 IS PROCESSED BY TMS AND THE REQUEST FOR INGRATATION TO AST IS BEING SENT TO ITBA HELP DESK. AS SOON AS THE INTEGRATOIN WILL BE COMPLETED THEN WE CAN REDUCE THE DEMAND"

I still haven't received the refund. Do any of you know how long it could for the ITR to integrated from TMS to AST.

Thank you in advance

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details