NSC Interest Income Query - Kindly Advice

 

I invested in NSC 7 years ago. 

For the first two years (i.e. 1st & 2nd years) my total income was less than taxable limit and hence I did not file my IT Returns.

For the next 4 years (i.e. 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th years) my total income was above taxable limits and I filed my IT Returns, showing NSC Interest Income earned for each year in Total Income for the Year.

Now for the last year (7th year) NSC got Matured, and I received the lump sum maturity amount.

My Query: For the purpose of Filing IT Returns in 7th year, should I show the NSC Interest Income Earned for the 7th Year alone, OR should I show NSC Interest Income Earned for 7th, 1st & 2nd years (i.e. NSC Maturity Interest LESS the NSC Interest already Reported). Kindly Advice & Help. Thanks.
 
Asogan

Replies (1)

My view: you are supposed to show only the income earned in 7th year,...1st & 2nd year income is not taxable as u r under the exemption limit den...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details