Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biyawerwala Hozefa I. (student)     09 February 2017

Notice from IT department for cash transaction 2016

my one client is carring a business of Retail Kirana Shop. He was deposited cash in bank account in demonetization period out of cash on hand on 9-11-2016. That cash reliased from nature of daily cash sales and on 9-11-16, he was deposited that amount of cash in bank.

so he get noticed from IT Department, and now i have a question, which column to apply for that. 

B.1    Cash out of earlier income or Savings

or 

B.6    Cash received from Un-Identifiable persons                                                                             (Under option nature of transaction - CASH SALES)  

10 Replies

Bablu Kumar Jha

Bablu Kumar Jha (Accounts Manager)     09 February 2017

Hi,

I think you should reply with B.6, because cash in hand as on 9th Nov, you have accumulated cash from cash sales less cash exp = "In Hand" and that had been deposited into bank.

But be remember your total cash in hand should be deposited in one time not again and again, 8th Nov onward you can transact with valid cash only.

With Regards,

Bablu Kumar Jha

manoj

manoj (student)     09 February 2017

If it is one time den you can say from cash sales 

If multiple times den saying cash from saving is the option nothing else

Rahul

Rahul (Nil)     09 February 2017

What should I write in the remarks coloumn of every cash sale?
Sandeep

Sandeep (ASST.MANAGER ACCOUNTS)     09 February 2017

u have to show B.1Cash out of earlier income or Savings. soon Govt. declare legal tender of Rs.500/- & Rs.1000/-not valid you can not show it either sale orCash received from Un-Identifiable persons

Biyawerwala Hozefa I.

Biyawerwala Hozefa I. (student)     09 February 2017

MR. SANDEEP

it was not a income or savings, that was cash receipt, which was accumalated by daily cash sales before 9-11-2016.

that was cash on hand on 9-11-16.

1 Like
K.chandrasekaran

K.chandrasekaran (Partner)     10 February 2017

accumulated  cash sales as on a date held in the form of  demonitised currencies and other currencies

Sandeep

Sandeep (ASST.MANAGER ACCOUNTS)     14 February 2017

How can u say cash sale before 09.11.2016.? If it is Cash sale, it must be in ur cash in hand a/c. u can not take any banned currency just on or after 09.11.2016 (since Mid night). In my openion it is not cash recd from un-identify person. it is only ur earlier sale receipts which was suppose to deposit before but ur client had not done.

Biyawerwala Hozefa I.

Biyawerwala Hozefa I. (student)     14 February 2017

YA, OFCOURSE IT WAS CASH ON HAND ON 9-11-16. BUT AS PER INCOME TAX GUIDELINE THAT COLOUNM OF "CASH OUT OF EARLIER SAVINGS OR INCOME"    FOR 31-3-16 CLOSING CASH ON HAND, WHEN AFTER IF YOUR BUSINESS HAS BEEN CLOSED  AND CLOSING CASH ON HAND ON 31-3-16 WAS NOT DEPOSITED IN BANK A/C TILL THE DATE 8-11-16, SO THAT U CAN SAY IT IS "CASH OUT OF EARLIER SAVINGS OR INCOME."

CHECK OUT THIS LINK  (SEE Q.16)

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/eFiling/Portal/StaticPDF/CashTransactions2016-FAQs.pdf

K.chandrasekaran

K.chandrasekaran (Partner)     14 February 2017

yes it  should be cash held out of earlier sales in the form of demonitised currencies.In some notics all deposits are included in the information supplied

Harshit Kabra

Harshit Kabra (Student CA final)     15 February 2017

That be said as Cash received  from EARLIER SALE RECEIPT, which you got from unidentifible person(person not having pan) which u has to deposit that demonitized currency on or before 31/12/2016.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags