ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Non filling of VAT CST and P TAX return

Dipak Singh ( company secretary) (58 Points)

19 April 2011  

Dear Friends,

One of My Group Companies  in West Bengal not paid VAT , CST and P TAX since 2007-2008  due to some family Dispute of the management now they had decided to pay the dues and file the returns. Now my Concern is How will I calculate the Penalty and Interest on due amount ???? whether i should file Return in Back Date or Present date ........???? 

1) VAT Liability Rs 100000.00

2) CST liability Rs 60000.00

3) salary and wages paid in Normal basis

Please Guide me to over come this Problem.

6 Replies

Pankaj Arora (Learner) (3129 Points)
Replied 19 April 2011

Deposit tax now with 16 % P.A. or Rs.100/- per day( maximum Rs.10000/-) whichever is higher and visit sales tax office of your concern sales tax officer and tell them regarding your problem… they will send you notice for default assessment and than file return…

1 Like

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21031 Points)
Replied 19 April 2011

Originally posted by : Dipak Singh

Dear Friends,

One of My Group Companies  in West Bengal not paid VAT , CST and P TAX since 2007-2008  due to some family Dispute of the management now they had decided to pay the dues and file the returns. Now my Concern is How will I calculate the Penalty and Interest on due amount ???? whether i should file Return in Back Date or Present date ........???? 

1) VAT Liability Rs 100000.00

2) CST liability Rs 60000.00

3) salary and wages paid in Normal basis

Please Guide me to over come this Problem.

1st of all make a letter to STO regarding the status, better to visit them and narrate the prob, 

dont show intention that u are ready to pay in one stroke, but plead to grant some time and make installments of arrears, they will lead the matter to AC and u will be granted some time with initial payment order.

submit your current returns without failure.

regarding arrears, if you can convince them then its the power of AC ( now Joint comm) to weive the penalty. 

for P Tax 

submit returns after paying the tax and interest, let them assess and calculate penalty, at the time of assessment you can get benefit of the facts. 

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21031 Points)
Replied 19 April 2011

a simple logic u can use that the person ( hired one)  dealing with these files has disappered with all documents of related years, so you were unable to trace him, also you were busy in family disputes so it was upto settlement that who will handle the arrerars, now the present executor has willingness to clear all things, subject to co-operation of department, 

department will surely consider the appeal.

Dipak Singh ( company secretary) (58 Points)
Replied 20 April 2011

Dear Freinds,

Thanks all of you for your valuable Suggestions.

Regards.

Dipak Singh

Prateek (B.Com(H) PGDBA CA Final)   (436 Points)
Replied 02 May 2011

Can anyone tell if a dealer who is filing DVAT Returns monthly Turnover above 5 crore...if  turnover falls below 5 crore...How can dealer move to Quartely Returns...tell me the rules

Prateek (B.Com(H) PGDBA CA Final)   (436 Points)
Replied 03 May 2011

Can a Individual/Partner provide loan to a partnership Firm in cash...how can we do  this ...is there any limt we should consider?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register