Need clarification on preclosure of PPF account with bank

hi

i need some clarification of pre closure of ppf  a/c with a bank

i opened a PPF a/c in the Fy 2014-15 (July)

In  june 2019 I approached the bank for  pre closure due  medical emergency & submitted all documents and Original Pass book. Banker verified all documents and gave  acknowledgement. 

Even after 6 months i did not hear anything from the bank. Frequently I visited the bank for follow up

now I have filed a formal complaint with the branch manager and obtained acknowledgement.

The Govt. Circular says " PPF account can be closed after 5 financial years on medical grounds

Banks argument is that the year of Deposit should not be considered for calculating the period of 5 years.

I have sought a written reply in this regard from the bank 

Now I want to know,  as   the govt. circular does not mention the method of calculating 5 years

whom should I approach for clarification in this regard. 

 

 

 

Replies (2)

Click 'contact us' tab on https://www.nsiindia.gov.in/InternalPage.aspx   

Filed my grievance with NSI

now status is forwarded to NSI delhi

there is a option to send reminder of grievance

tried sending reminder .

but the portal says- your grievance redressed. you cant send reminder 

i have not heard from them... but portal says it is redressed

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details