Nails in the wall

Komal Thakur (CA Final) (925 Points)

17 April 2013  

Read this small story which one of my friends forwarded to me.. I found It Inspirational thats why thot of sharing with You all... Hope U will find it helpfull tooyes

There was a little boy who had a bad temper.

His father gave him a bag of nails and told him, every time he when he will lose his temper, he must hammer one nail into the back of the wall.

The first day , the boy had driven 37 nails into the wall.

Over the next few weeks , as he learnt to control his anger, the number of the nails hammered gradually dwindeled down.

Now he discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the wall.

Finally! the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his father about it. And the father suggested the boy to put out one nail, for each day, he was able to hold his temper...

The days passsed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all nails were gone

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the wall...

He said you have done well my son.. But look at the holes in the wall.

The wall will never be the same....

When you say things in anger, they leave the scar just like this one. Once you hurt your loved ones, It wont matter how many times u say sorry. The wound will still be there. A Verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. so try to hold ur anger, as it can ruin your relations forever....

So tryn control temper and maintain ur relations.....smileyheart