My journey-student to a ca!(motivational)

Synthia Davis (chartered accountant) (140 Points)

18 July 2013  

hii there everyone..i just thought of sharing my experience with all of you..so here it goes...i got married when i cleared inter(yeah early just 21)!now imagine how clueless i must be about what to do next..what to study what to skip..i had no friends in the new place with whom i could discuss...i dint even know if i ever will be able to even study and attempt the exam leave alone passing it!so finally i just decided to give the attempt (without any classes)..yah as you guessed it i flunked miserably!well people were like blah blah you cant do it once you are married etc..i dont know but i had to prove them wrong(strong urge)...i thought of attending some classes..but all were those year long classes and i dint have time for that!i attended a private tuition for 3 months for 2 subjects( FR,SFM)and did audit and law on my own..result time-flunked again!!ufff now what ..shud i give up ..my conscience said NO WAY!you dint struggle so much all your life to reach this point and then give up!i thot chalo aur ek try and i will give both groups..just took a chance..i attended privates for COSTING/OR and did DT,IDT,ISCA on my own...believe you me i cleared the second group in first attempt and flunked the first again(with exemption in law)..i cudnt believe it!people were like you need to attend classes nd slog only then will you pass..i proved them wrong!(felt ecstatic)!....now i needed to clear the final 3 gr-1 papers to clear...i studied(smart work not hard work) and yes then came the time 16/07/2013 i cleared and now i am a CA!!guyss....i know i have written a long story..but to sum it up...dont give up..you can do it no matter how old you are..married/unmaried...if you have the will to do it nobody will stop you...you dont need to study 12/14 hrs a day..but 7/8 hrs is good enuf if you study proprly..d practice manuals and rtps were so helpful..and a BIG BIG THANXXXX to our very own CA CLUB INDIA...guys have been so helpful with so many notes/summaries/short cuts/imp questions!!it is such a blessing indeed..love you ca club india..i really owe it to you!so people who havnt cleared/feeling low/dejected/miserable etc etc common its time to get up..hold your head high..get yourself back together..and do it!just do it!all the bestttt all of youuuuuuuuuuuuu:)))