Must read - Some useful Q&A

Krish (CA Final ) (3331 Points)

05 March 2011  

Some Useful tips

Aziz Alam: I am a student. I was among the competent students but for last two years I am facing absent mindedness, lack of concentration, laziness and tiredness of mentality. Is there any solution in yoga?

Swami Ramswarup: When our views are spread unnecessarily it produces mental disturbances and health also. A student is to concentrate only n study and health, being his moral duty. But the cinemas and TVs and other attractions of materialistic world have attracted students and thus the problem. Really if someone want to be a great man he will have to concentrate on his moral duties and pious deeds only. For this good preaches are required. One should awake early in the morning for along morning walk and light exercises. Must take plenty of water daily, must control five senses, five perceptions and mind that bad deeds are not done. To raise the power of concentration a student must learn 6 to 8 yoga asan, pranayaam and meditation. This will give a student mental and physical strength.

Ekta: Tell me one thing why some times happen that we try our best for some special purpose thing when the purpose is also beneficial for us and our relations, that we do all efforts but also then it got delay and pending then what should we think our efforts are not complete or God doesn’t want it to happen?

Swami Ramswarup: You have, I think, heard that man proposes and God disposes. Actually in Vedas, it is a fundamental law of God, also mentioned in Yajurveda mantra 7/48 stating we are free to every good or bad deeds but result is awarded by God only. Secondly we have to face the result of past births' deeds (good or bad). So, if we do not want to face the result of bad deeds in the shape of problems then we will have to burn the deeds by real worship and yoga philosophy, which due to our bad luck, is not being brought up by those saints who are against the Vedas and are spreading unauthenticated man made views to earn money only. So to achieve the good target first, really a hard working/struggle is needed but too spiritualism is required. When both i.e., hard working and spiritualism both are adopted then Yajurveda mantra 40/14 says about sure success.

Anuj: Would you please tell me how to keep concentrated in a particular thing, e.g. studying, praying, and avoiding noisy environment around us?

Swami Ramswarup: First of all a firm decision is required then practice of yoga philosophy specially asan, pranayaam, meditation etc., is required to be practised both times i.e., morning and evening. But time must be settled that daily routine of study, or business and discharging of moral duties are not affected. Spiritual advice is also essential from time to time.

Shrikant: Whether Vedmantras are related to our brain tissues?

Swami Ramswarup: Yes please. Vedmantras gives vast knowledge based on three points---gyan (knowledge of matters in rigveda), karmas (knowledge of pious deeds in Yajurveda) and upasana (worship/yajna/yoga in Saamveda). When we listen all this and practice then it effects in brain tissues and in whole body even giving us mental and physical strength etc., etc.

Shankur: Are there any mantras to improve intelligence power and self confidence?

Swami Ramswarup: The jaap of gaaytri mantra and Om is beneficial but yoga asan and pranayaam must also be done.

Sachin: Is it required to pray God for getting good marks in exams? I fail last year can God minimise my sorrow, can he empower me to pass this year?

Swami Ramswarup: Please remember that God helps those who help themselves. Simple pray will do nothing. Man purposes and God disposes. So the future is always based on present pious and hard working towards a right path. You are a student and it is your moral duty only to pay your full attention on study and health. Please go ahead, be brave and get success with the blessing of God.

Vinod: I am student and always think of future and competition. This constant thinking has caused worries and poor self-analysis. Please guide.

Swami Ramswarup: This is your misunderstanding please. Vedas and shashtras clearly say that man does deeds and reward is given by God. So when we will make our mind firm to do pious deeds and hard working towards a right path then it is automatically that God will give us good award. We must not be a patient of inferiority complex. You may see that like you so many boys and girls did hard work and got higher position in several deptt. then why not you? So if thousands of people have not succeeded, they surely could not work hard and might be thinking like you. So please in race do not look back. Always look ahead towards the target to obtain. Please always remember that God helps those who help themselves. Please go ahead and make your future bright.