Easy Office

More attempts bad for a CA's career???

Page no : 2

Anand (FINAL CA) (1116 Points)
Replied 24 July 2011

hey dont worry man...all is well in life if all is not well den make it....wat if u do not clear in first attempt tats not the end of the world....supposea a guy clearin all levels of ca in first attempt has no knowleadge(dont worry there are many like these)...just has a certificate of clearin in first attempt...no doubt companies will select him but the expectation from a first attempt ca is lot...if he is not able 2 perform he will be kicked out....wat matters in life is job satisfaction(dont worry bro i have realised tis now....)do wat u like...best wishes....

3 Like

Tejas (M.Com CA CS CFA (US) Prog. Grad..)   (354 Points)
Replied 24 July 2011

Yes it is true. But only in the short term.

Some stupid HR people from certain companies believe that first attempt people are better (which is generally true but not always true). and hence they ignore CVs with multiple attempts.

But in the long term, attempts are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how you perform on your job.

The ICAI should be more responsible about fluctuating results percentage so much from 6 or 9% to 21%. It is because of this that good people fail and not so deserving people pass.

7 Like

Devadas K S (One life one Dream) (3525 Points)
Replied 25 July 2011

I think CAs require certain qualities other than marks like Honesty, Ethics and morals, etc......

I think in any field to go to top ATTITUDE and KNOWLEDGE matters than certificate........

2 Like

Aparna (CA Final student) (49 Points)
Replied 25 July 2011

finally its the knowledge that matters and not the number of attempts. so work hard and aim high.

1 Like

Sandeep Rathi (Account) (79 Points)
Replied 25 July 2011

I agree with Mr Kulkarni

A.K.Banik (Tax Consultant) (1596 Points)
Replied 25 July 2011

Ultimately your name will be followed by the word CA.

On the other hand , if you join practice - there should not be much trouble with - no of attempts . But , in case of Campus Interview, it may be a material fact.

1 Like

Venu Gopal (Chief Manager - Secretarial & Legal)   (301 Points)
Replied 25 July 2011

I agree with Varun Gupta. 

Kushal Khator ( CA ) (562 Points)
Replied 29 July 2011

also remember that one who succeed without trouble is a victory and one who wins with troubles is a history. :-) 

..truly said ..but it doesnt mean dat we wrk keepin in mind ki"iss bar nahi toh dursa attempt toh hain hi.." as i alwz tout this..

but now i hav learnt" we shud study for our attempt as the 1st and last one for passing out"

2 Like

Sunil Kumar Misra (student) (24 Points)
Replied 31 July 2011

i m somehow agree with varun gupta...............bt it does make a difference...at the time of campus placement...............

1 Like

SAMEER KHAN (STUDENT) (22 Points)
Replied 24 December 2011

yes

sanjay bhosle (MD) (107 Points)
Replied 30 December 2011

• it does not necessary in how much attempts you pass , but once u become CA After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 18-20 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the world and they would be scarcity of CA's ,we need 1.89 crore more CA's .And it has started and one Fresher CA(passed in second Attempt)was recruited for 1.38 crore per annul in India, and one Fresher CA got job in US firm with whopping salary of 58 crore Annual(4.85crore monthly )ready to get recruit with such salary ready to get recruit with such salary we need millions OF CA's desperately and demand is increasing many times day by day. /forum/why-ca-s-are-hot-property-everywhere-173266.asp

Nikhail (0) (240 Points)
Replied 30 January 2012

"one who succeed without trouble is a victory and one who wins with troubles is a history. :-) "

- well said VARUN

Nikhail (0) (240 Points)
Replied 30 January 2012

dear kushal truely said

--- now i hav learnt" we shud study for our attempt as the 1st and last one for passing out" "

EVEN I HAVE LEARNT IT NOW, AFTER FAILING IN NOV.

WE NEED AS CA FINALIST  "DO OR DIE" ATTITUDE TO CLEAR THE FINAL STAGE..

Sushant Lohani (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (1051 Points)
Replied 30 January 2012

People might talk about some so-called CA-freshers getting 4.85 crores as starting salary.Abhi toh majaraa aisa hein ki ek CA fresher ko uske choice ke profile mein job miljaye campus placement mein(with at least 7lacs in TierII cities or 9 lacs in Tier-I cities/Metros). We all know about the current position of May2011 passouts.

Attempts DOES MATTER during the campus placement interview.

ICAI has to upgrade the standards of Placement records and market the Brand "CA" in the market. We can learn a thing or two from leading indian B-schools.

ronak (CA Final & Currently in service as an Accountant )   (85 Points)
Replied 30 January 2012

Number of attempts  doesn't matter if you are planning to be a Practicing CA.. 

but if you are looking for a job in a good company it is important to clear your CA in 2 or 3 attempts..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: