Mistake in ITR-V generated for AY 2011-12

Hi All,

 

I decided to file my income tax return for AY 2011-12 today. While I am not required to do so as my taxable income for that AY was below the statutory minimum, I wanted to file it to claim refund of tax that was deducted by my employer. I filed the return online and the ITR-V was generated.

 

On the top of the form, the assessment year was correctly mentioned as AY 2011-12.

 

However, at the bottom of the page, in the acknowledgement / signature section, the AY was wrongly mentioned as AY 2012-13!

 

That was very surprising - I even checked the XML sheet downloaded from the e-filing website, but the AY in that file was clearly mentioned as 2011-12. This looks like a software error to me.

 

Anybody has had similar experiences? I am planning to send it to CPC Bangalore after manually correcting the AY and signing it off - that appears to be the only logical step :).

 

Looking forward to your replies.

 

Warm Regards,

Vivek.

Replies (2)

Seems you have erred while uploading xml file by selecting the wrong Assessment Year.

However, you can revise the wrong one.  Amending it manually before singature would not help as it will not correct your data in system. 

OR you know your jurisdiction and contact the concerned Officer and see if correction is done online.

Hello,

 

I checked the XML file again - The AY is clearly mentioned as 2011-12. Like I said, the system also took 2011-12 as the assessment year. Anyhow, I have sent it after manually changing the AY in the declaration section. Let's see what they come back with.

 

Thanks for your reply.

 

Warm Regards,

Vivek.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details